Another Mess That Shouldn't Get Out the Factory

YesterAirlines

It is funny when retailers post pictures of models that are awful as adverts for buying them :) These photos were posted by one of my favourite retailers so I shouldn't be mean, but Gemini really stuffed up this model. Puts any issues with NG into perspective!!! Things like this, although perhaps understandable to some degree, should never get out the factory. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. That cockpit is awful and not sure what's going on with the tail print either. I mean the GJ/JC 737-800 is rubbish anyway but then they do this - and it's a model NG have already made. Sad thing is I bet people will buy it anyway.

Definitely best not to preorder models from some brands!

387234242_18395073958030755_5894831952734012685_n.jpg
387205370_18395073976030755_3041522370490546531_n.jpg
392940558_18395073967030755_4441594724319458728_n.jpg

GJ B737-800 is awful. Terrible nose section, too short gears, super weird wingflex... a mess indeed!

But if you really want to see some bizarre stuff, you should check out Herpa in 1:500 scale. They sometimes have some awful QC issues and they usually don't bother correcting later on.

Last edited:
It's hilarious when retailers/manufacturers are either blind or don't care. Do they think we happily pay full price when quality is so bad?

Well, that's a shame. I like to think everyone gets a laugh out of these but unfortunately that's probably not the case for those who pre-order them. It really does make me wonder what's going on inside the retailer's/manufacturer's heads when they decide to post pictures like this atrocity.

It's hilarious when retailers/manufacturers are either blind or don't care. Do they think we happily pay full price when quality is so bad?
The guys at this retailer are fully aware of the shortcomings of the models they get. I remember overhearing a conversation between some of the employee's there talking about what they were supposed to do with some AC American A330's. They specifically brought up the poor color on them and that NG had released the exact same airframe in the same month. It seems that they reached the conclusion that they couldn't be sold at full price at all as they ended up in their overstock corner and eventually offered as a Black Friday deal.

I feel like people have also got to realize that retailers are people who can't control the quality of the models they get for the most part and I'd be more than willing to imagine that when this model came to this retailer, they had a similar conversation about the state of this model as they did with the AC American A330. They have to sell this somehow, it'll be their loss if they can't.

Ofcourse there will be models with bad QC coming out of the factories, but why would you pick such a bad one for the pictures? I myself would hesitate a lot more if I was interested in buying.

Oh god, how have GJ 738S gotten worse? Here’s mine, Alaska HTWS. Don't know the release date, but still not too bad. Only paid $20 for it though (company store)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Oh god, how have GJ 738S gotten worse? Here’s mine, Alaska HTWS. Don't know the release date, but still not too bad. Only paid $20 for it though (company store)

Your model have a good cockpit window placement (while the Copa clearly does not). However, the whole front section shape looks bad. The curves should be much smoother than that. Specially above the cockpit. Nose gear doors could also be smaller.