Airliners Live Interview - Elliot Epstein (New Moulds Coming Soon!)

JJ Skippy

I was shared this video done by Airliners Live regarding an interview with Gemini Jets president Elliot Epstein. At about 4:40 in the video, he says that the Boeing 767-400 will be done soon in both scales. He also mentioned the 737 MAX 10 as well, of which I can assume will have releases in both scales in the future.

No pictures of the moulds in question; I’m guessing these are in development still, but they could be unveiled by the time Airliners International comes around, considering they are attending.

Here’s the video (skip to 4:40 for just the moulds):

I was shared this video done by Airliners Live regarding an interview with Gemini Jets president Elliot Epstein. At about 4:40 in the video, he says that the Boeing 767-400 will be done soon in both scales. He also mentioned the 737 MAX 10 as well, of which I can assume will have releases in both scales in the future.

No pictures of the moulds in question; I’m guessing these are in development still, but they could be unveiled by the time Airliners International comes around, considering they are attending.

Now uh I don't want to be that guy but well, some of the stuff he sayin' don't sound like the Gemini I know

Super excited for 764, if it happens. I’m still hoping for a Delta 764 though!

Now uh I don't want to be that guy but well, some of the stuff he sayin' don't sound like the Gemini I know
I think its cause JC Wings are the one who manage gemini (mostly) these days. i honestly don't know what role Elliot has in Gemini anymore. Im guessing most of the retro releases, were most likely from the suggestion of Elliot.

I would think Elliot is coming close to retirement from the company, so I’m wondering if he’s trying to get as many popular models out (mainly retro) as possible so he can cash in once he does. He’s been at the helm for 25 years, had a heck of a career thus far.

The 763 is currently one of the best moulds from GJ, if not the best. If all goes well this will carry on the bright side of GJ and satisfy us collectors with a Delta 764. Besides, the main issue with the 763 is the wingtips (winglet is too tall and the wingletless one is too round), which will be replaced with a new set of wings anyway.

The 763 is currently one of the best moulds from GJ, if not the best. If all goes well this will carry on the bright side of GJ and satisfy us collectors with a Delta 764. Besides, the main issue with the 763 is the wingtips (winglet is too tall and the wingletless one is too round), which will be replaced with a new set of wings anyway.
Yeah, I doubt the 764 will be a cradle like the 763 (even though it’s still a great mould). I’ve got pretty good expectations for the 764, can’t wait to buy them!

I'd love to see a new 767 mould from Gemini, although I'd rather a refresh to the entire family removing the seam than just a new 764. The 764 was never operated by anyone outside the US, so none of the models would fit my criteria.

The 764 was never operated by anyone outside the US

Don't forget the Bahrain Royal Flight! 😃

24322_1607374841.jpg

I think its cause JC Wings are the one who manage gemini (mostly) these days. i honestly don't know what role Elliot has in Gemini anymore. Im guessing most of the retro releases, were most likely from the suggestion of Elliot.
He's still the big boss and runs the company. While JC may make the models the business side of things, contracts with airlines etc is all Gemini. I'm sure Elliot likes retro releases but at Gemini volumes the retro stuff is a challenge, in 400 scale anyway.
Part of me wonders if GJ will be absorbed into JC sometime down the line, with the Emirates license going to JC as well.
I don't think that will happen and you have to understand the personalities running these businesses. I'm not elaborating more but surely Gemini's actions speak for themselves! Gemini and JC are very separate businesses. As I understand it the deal with JC only has a few years to run and it has not been wholly good for JC as ADI and GJ restrict them massively. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it is up for renewal!

I guess it depends what you mean! The old Gemini 767 is a decent mould but it is obsolescent too. Clearly a lot of the new moulds (737MAX, 777s, 787s etc) are much superior but I guess you could argue whether they are Gemini's moulds or JCs.

The new 767-400 wing won't be attachable to the 767-300 mould due to the different mounting.

I'd been aware the 767-400 has been coming for sometime but it is just one of many moulds JC are developing. However, since it is one GJ wants I suspect it'll arrive before the A310, An-24 and others!

He's still the big boss and runs the company. While JC may make the models the business side of things, contracts with airlines etc is all Gemini. I'm sure Elliot likes retro releases but at Gemini volumes the retro stuff is a challenge, in 400 scale anyway.

I don't think that will happen and you have to understand the personalities running these businesses. I'm not elaborating more but surely Gemini's actions speak for themselves! Gemini and JC are very separate businesses. As I understand it the deal with JC only has a few years to run and it has not been wholly good for JC as ADI and GJ restrict them massively. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it is up for renewal!

I guess it depends what you mean! The old Gemini 767 is a decent mould but it is obsolescent too. Clearly a lot of the new moulds (737MAX, 777s, 787s etc) are much superior but I guess you could argue whether they are Gemini's moulds or JCs.

The new 767-400 wing won't be attachable to the 767-300 mould due to the different mounting.

I'd been aware the 767-400 has been coming for sometime but it is just one of many moulds JC are developing. However, since it is one GJ wants I suspect it'll arrive before the A310, An-24 and others!
I just hope one of the new moulds is a DC-9-10 series, since they have one in 1/200th already.