Aeroclassics March 2023 speculations

All I know is that the white area around the wing joint is too much. There shouldn't be any white on the front side (towards the cockpit).

Correct @Mark22 . And the engine inlet rim shouldn't be black/dark. Should be like last month's printing on the Red Balair (that's a great one). Plus the cheatline towards the cockpit needs to narrow in a more pronounced way.

Review of the LAN A343 is up at @YesterAirlines
After deciding to avoid the Swissair DC-10 & Widget 732, I may have to let go of this one too? 😔😑.

Unfortunately, these kinds of issues have become all too common with Aeroclassics products. They used to be the ones that I could count on releasing all the "must haves" in my collection, but it's been a good number of years since they have. The last few times I bought one of their models because they were "pretty cool" I have gotten burned. I was mildly interested in the Iberia and LAN A340s, but in light of this news, I'll forget about them. Again, I would have overlooked those issues if they were more important subjects for me.

What is also concerning is that Richard points out that the livery inaccuracies of the LAN Chile A340 carry over from the InFlight200 version.

Someone at DAC posted the following photo showing that the Aeroclassics (and InFlight200) Lan Chile A340 in fact has the correct livery. Still some questions regarding the titles, but I think they are fine, just poorly applied/not very refined.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10055912

@YankeeVictor see this.
One can conveniently select a photo taken in incorrect light where the sun is shining off the silver on the tail to make a point. I guess they don't expect anyone else to follow it up or investigate.
The LAN Chile silver is pearlish - much like the tricky Virgin, bmi or AI ones - and the fact that in the photo you shared the 'Chile' is in silver is a dead giveaway that the tail is too - which is confirmed by the photo I shared the link of - where now, because of the angle, the tail is seen in silver while the glare catches the 'Chile' making it appear white. Also attaching a screenshot for those who may not click the link.
I don't use DAC but it does give me a good reason to not use it.
Sorry you fell for this buddy 😁
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-23-21-35-30-809_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-03-23-21-35-30-809_com.android.chrome-01.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

@YankeeVictor see this.
One can conveniently select a photo taken in incorrect light where the sun is shining off the silver on the tail to make a point. I guess they don't expect anyone else to follow it up or investigate.
The LAN Chile silver is pearlish - much like the tricky Virgin, bmi or AI ones - and the fact that in the photo you shared the 'Chile' is in silver is a dead giveaway that the tail is too - which is confirmed by the photo I shared the link of - where now, because of the angle, the tail is seen in silver while the glare catches the 'Chile' making it appear white. Also attaching a screenshot for those who may not click the link.
I don't use DAC but it does give me a good reason to not use it.
Sorry you fell for this buddy 😁
Cheers

Okay, we are back to AC is wrong and Richard is right then. No problem 😉