Aeroclassics February 2023 speculations

Aviation Megastore
Jetcollector
Threshold Aviation
They're my preferred retailers
Shipping to India is usually dead expensive but these work out better for me
Are these amongst your usual retailers?
Thanks. Only ever used Aviation Megastore out of those mentioned. Don’t mind using them as they use UPS for shipping which is fast.
If you are trying to buy local to Aus, CAMAUST is usually pretty good, albeit expensive. You will have to email or call them to place an order, as I doubt any of these will get added to their website. If not, Hobbyco stocks Aeroclassics, you might have some luck there.
Thanks. Will send an email if I get stuck. Tend to only use camaust as a last resort.

Three of the DC-10 releases (I forgot the second Balair). Nice, but all of them have a loose right hand wing?
Surely not coincidental, anyone else found this?

Attachments

• 20230208_165853.jpg
    20230208_165853.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230208_165749.jpg
    20230208_165749.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230208_165827.jpg
    20230208_165827.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 51
This is the first month in a very long time I’ve completely abstained from Aeroclassics. At these prices, I just expect more. The Balair font is inexplicably italicized, the NWA engines are in a different color etc.

The NWA silver fuselage looks way too light, and the engine is white... should be silver too.
The Balair have wrong Italic titles... not nice.

The Hawaii Express seems to be fine.

The NWA silver fuselage looks way too light, and the engine is white... should be silver too.

‘Agree the Hawaii Exp looks fine…but I have the near perfect Jet-x. Wish they’d done the 747 instead…hasn’t been Made in 1/400 yet!

Not really. The Hawaii has the cabin/cheatline printed way too high.

A shame that AC is at such low standards these days. I honestly wish they'd stop, leaving the market to makers with higher standards.

A shame that AC is at such low standards these days. I honestly wish they'd stop, leaving the market to makers with higher standards.
I think it's a real shame that the owner of Aeroclassics won't remake any models that were mad over 15 years ago because he has the rule of not making a plane more than ones, it's a new generation of collectors it's time to remake thos planes because if AC won't do it someone else wi

I think it's a real shame that the owner of Aeroclassics won't remake any models that were mad over 15 years ago because he has the rule of not making a plane more than ones, it's a new generation of collectors it's time to remake thos planes because if AC won't do it someone else wi

And I hope someone ELSE will do them. Particularly 727, Tu-154, 747...
I more or less stopped buying AC models a decade ago due to their ever decreasing standards, yet AC models still make the largest part of my 400 collections. All those bought when AC was setting standards with spectacular quality and they are still looking great.
Sadly AC not only didn't show any progress since then but made several steps back in how they make their models. Covid certainly didn't help but I'm not buying this as a sole excuse.

A fellow collector posted this on IG few days ago (IG@woohoomymodels). This is the Phoenix one made many years ago! Imagine! Yes it's a mould with it's own flaws, but just check the livery rendition and the overall look and feel. Why would I pay for a ridiculously inferior and erroneous AC one in 2023, even if the mould is the best for the type, the printing and flawed livery just screws it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-10-18-14-40-233_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-02-10-18-14-40-233_com.instagram.android-01.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 30
And I hope someone ELSE will do them. Particularly 727, Tu-154, 747...
I more or less stopped buying AC models a decade ago due to their ever decreasing standards, yet AC models still make the largest part of my 400 collections. All those bought when AC was setting standards with spectacular quality and they are still looking great.
Sadly AC not only didn't show any progress since then but made several steps back in how they make their models. Covid certainly didn't help but I'm not buying this as a sole excuse.
I agree with you, NG should make classic 747 i will buy all of them.

I don't think it looks that high, to be honest.
Here's the real plane

By the way, it's indeed sad to see Aeroclassics really going downhill in their quality control. Their models are still more expensive, less detailed and much prone to quality issues. Everytime they release models, it seems that at least one will be quite flawed.

What I just don’t understand is the utter lack of QC. I mean, why doesn’t someone approve a sample before producing an entire run of models? How can you run a business like that? I mean, just a simple look at Balair comparing to a photo showing the real aircraft is simple enough.

That said, Aeroclassics has made some amazing models! Look at this pic of my Hawaii collection… who else is going to make a Hawaiian D95, Aloha/United 732, Mahalo F27? The answer is..no one… it is just dissapoitning when your holy grails get messed up. It’s such a shame that the AC public persona takes product criticism as a personal attack. It is not. I am sure someone criticizing your labor of love is frustrating, but being Just a little more transparent, open to suggestions and feedback would go a long way, especially when your customers pay good money for the product. But alas, that’s unlikely.D4401D84-5163-47A3-BDCE-6D5B69DDA7AB.jpeg

What I just don’t understand is the utter lack of QC. ...

There's more than just non-existent QC going on.

Take a closer look at the three 10s posted by VNAV. See it?
Yes, two of the three have got the wrong v.tail installed.
AC has (had?) two different tails for the 10-30. One for the early (long) exhaust and one for the later shorter one. The three new releases all use the mould for the long exhaust (Balair is correct here)
For those curious: the difference is the #2 exhaust pylon/fairing. With the correct tail used you wouldn't see a gap above the engine exhaust.

I'm curious as to what's really going on. Either the factory really messing with Andrew or $$ is all that matters today.

AC has (had?) two different tails for the 10-30. One for the early (long) exhaust and one for the later shorter one. The three new releases all use the mould for the long exhaust (Balair is correct here)
For those curious: the difference is the #2 exhaust pylon/fairing. With the correct tail used you wouldn't see a gap above the engine exhaust.

I'm curious as to what's really going on. Either the factory really messing with Andrew or $$ is all that matters today.
Wow, I never even noticed that. Glad I passed on them

Pretty sure that the factory has no interest in what they are making and just do what they think. Also Andrew has been unable to get to the factory due to the on-going Covid conditions in China. Consequently he probably has to see poor photos sent to him, where the errors maybe not readily apparent. I actually wonder if he actually sees any pre-production samples or just lets them get on with it?