A380 AV400

The Singapore's a beauty! AV400 really stepped up with the A380, addressing issues like the oversized nosegear. Can't wait to see how NG tries to one-up them with whatever new mould they're working on.
Definitely agree! I also can't wait to see AV400's newest moulds coming out like the A330neo and B777X

Definitely agree! I also can't wait to see AV400's newest moulds coming out like the A330neo and B777X
I'm pumped for their A330neo. Not sure many 777X models will interest me, maybe just a CX and SQ. The A330neo on the other hand has tons of potential! The moulds we have are good but both have their flaws, so a new mould is very welcome. I would love to have all the Condors, a Garuda Indonesia, and maybe a Delta.

Same, AV400 seem heavily focused on the modern big twins. I'm quite satisfied with the JC/GJ Garuda 330neo, but I may get the AV400 once it comes out. Would be tough to resist if that mould is as good as the A380. On another note, I'd love to see them take a crack at the more modern 747 variants, specifically the -400 and -8.

I'm pumped for their A330neo. Not sure many 777X models will interest me, maybe just a CX and SQ. The A330neo on the other hand has tons of potential! The moulds we have are good but both have their flaws, so a new mould is very welcome. I would love to have all the Condors, a Garuda Indonesia, and maybe a Delta.
Agree that the A330neo has a lot of potential! Would love to see them do Virgin Atlantic (I have a VA A350, plus the airline recently started service to my local airport, Tampa). I do wonder if AV400 will make the B777X wings interactive. Geminijets/JC Wings have their B777X, but the folding wingtips are completely separate.

Same, AV400 seem heavily focused on the modern big twins. I'm quite satisfied with the JC/GJ Garuda 330neo, but I may get the AV400 once it comes out. Would be tough to resist if that mould is as good as the A380. On another note, I'd love to see them take a crack at the more modern 747 variants, specifically the -400 and -8.
Would love to see that AV400 try out the modern B747s! I think they have done B747s before, but only the classic models. But the A380 has a lot of potential! Especially when it comes to special liveries from Emirates, Etihad, and ANA!

Agree that the A330neo has a lot of potential! Would love to see them do Virgin Atlantic (I have a VA A350, plus the airline recently started service to my local airport, Tampa). I do wonder if AV400 will make the B777X wings interactive. Geminijets/JC Wings have their B777X, but the folding wingtips are completely separate.

Would love to see that AV400 try out the modern B747s! I think they have done B747s before, but only the classic models. But the A380 has a lot of potential! Especially when it comes to special liveries from Emirates, Etihad, and ANA!
I forgot about a VS A330neo, silly me! 😝 Unfortunately, I don't know how they could make the winglets interactive without sacrificing significant detail. The only option that comes to my mind is detachable wings. Then again, this is AV400, and they have proven that they are capable of doing things everyone previously thought were not possible.

I've heard they're making the 777X wings interactive. JC's mechanism at 1:200 is a mess, and I think it'll be worse in 1:400; even if the wingtips fold well and stay in place solidly, the massive seam would be a huge no-no for me. That being said AV400 made better removable gears than most 1:200s, so we'll see how this goes...

Regarding the 747s, those were from a different brand using the same name; they're far below the standards we've gotten used to with today's AV400. Given AV400's focus on contemporary types a 747 would've been a no-brainer a decade ago, back when -400s were everywhere. That's no longer the case, so we're left hoping that NG gets everything right. Which they probably will :) .

Last edited:
I forgot about a VS A330neo, silly me! 😝 Unfortunately, I don't know how they could make the winglets interactive without sacrificing significant detail. The only option that comes to my mind is detachable wings. Then again, this is AV400, and they have proven that they are capable of doing things everyone previously thought were not possible.
I would say let AV400 take their time. The B777X won't be certified until late 2024/early 2025. And the first delivery will be much later. While I don't mind fantasy airlines (like how Gemini and JC are doing), I would still prefer the actual ones with proper registrations.

I've heard they're making the 777X wings interactive. JC's mechanism at 1:200 is a mess, and I think it'll be worse in 1:400; even if the wingtips fold well and stay in place solidly, the massive seam would be a huge no-no for me. That being said AV400 made better removable gears than most 1:200s, so we'll see how this goes...

Regarding the 747s, those were from a different brand using the same name; they're far below the standards we've gotten used to with today's AV400. Given AV400's focus on contemporary types a 747 would've been a no-brainer a decade ago, back when -400s were everywhere. That's no longer the case, so we're left hoping that NG gets everything right. Which they probably will :) .
I've seen in Gemini's January announcement, it included two fantasy Emirates B777X: one with folded wingtips, and one without. I also saw reviews and photos of JC Wings' B777X in both 1/200 and 1/400 scales. While it does look amazing, I have seen a lot of criticisms regarding the folded wingtips.

As for the B747, my bad 😅. Definitely looking forward to NG's B747. I love JC Wings' B747-400, but can't say the same for their -8.

I would say let AV400 take their time. The B777X won't be certified until late 2024/early 2025. And the first delivery will be much later. While I don't mind fantasy airlines (like how Gemini and JC are doing), I would still prefer the actual ones with proper registrations.

I've seen in Gemini's January announcement, it included two fantasy Emirates B777X: one with folded wingtips, and one without. I also saw reviews and photos of JC Wings' B777X in both 1/200 and 1/400 scales. While it does look amazing, I have seen a lot of criticisms regarding the folded wingtips.

As for the B747, my bad 😅. Definitely looking forward to NG's B747. I love JC Wings' B747-400, but can't say the same for their -8.
Totally agree regarding JC's 748; there's a bunch of issues with it, from the nose shape to the printing. Thankfully, NG seems to have nailed the shape on theirs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103-024952_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221103-024952_Chrome.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 14
How's the removable landing gear? Any wobbling or ill-fitting parts?
The removable landing gears are good, although the nose gear can be tight for some models like my China Southern A380 so I need to very careful and the magnets are not that strong so you have to be careful as well.