2023 - Who Made the Most Interesting Models?

YesterAirlines

So yesterday I looked at overall production volumes, aircraft types and new moulds in 2023, but what about the choices being made by the manufacturers in terms of subject matter? It is never possible to please everyone, all the time, so we all have our pet peeves with what brands make, but following Mark's piece on who had the best releases in 2023 I crunched the numbers myself and came up with some quite different results. It's no surprise that NG don't do especially well when it comes to diversity of releases but by looking at the entire production run of the year I'd say JC Wings were only marginally better and it is two other brands that are the most diverse (if not sadly necessarily always the best quality).

2023_Diversity.jpg

Nice article and results. Yesterday I was starting with the statistics for 2024 and just like you decided to not take aircraft types in comparison, as there simply is no fair way to score them. Did you count liveries from the 90s that are still in use, like BA and previous Lufthansa livery, as retro? Either way, 2024 is promising to be a lot more interesting with NG's and JC's new moulds. Phoenix already has a great start with 28 different airlines out of 29 announced models.

Nice article and results. Yesterday I was starting with the statistics for 2024 and just like you decided to not take aircraft types in comparison, as there simply is no fair way to score them. Did you count liveries from the 90s that are still in use, like BA and previous Lufthansa livery, as retro? Either way, 2024 is promising to be a lot more interesting with NG's and JC's new moulds. Phoenix already has a great start with 28 different airlines out of 29 announced models.
If they could be seen prior to 2000 then yeah the scheme was retro but I agree the BA schemes especially are a challenge as technically the current scheme isn't the same as the Chatham Dockyard from the World Tails so really I consider the BA liveries to be post-2000.