2023 - Events, News and Stuff to Look Forward To!

OscarBravo992

Hi All! I wasn't sure which threads to add these few tidbits so I thought I may as well make a new one. Feel free to add any more exciting stuff coming in 2023. (Please do not use this as a wishlist/speculation thread. It is for confirmed news only)

NG Models - Confirmed for some time in 2023:

- 747s. At least the -8F and -8i, classics an -400 are TBC.
- Cathay Tristar release date is sometime in March/April 2023.
- Qantas A330s coming sometime next year. Regs VH-EBD, VH-EBO (-200s) and VH-QPH (-300).
- Vietnam Airlines A350(s) coming mid-2023.

Hi All! I wasn't sure which threads to add these few tidbits so I thought I may as well make a new one. Feel free to add any more exciting stuff coming in 2023. (Please do not use this as a wishlist/speculation thread. It is for confirmed news only)

- Qantas A330s coming sometime next year. Regs VH-EBD, VH-EBO (-200s) and VH-QPH (-300).
This is great news. Have been looking forward to these ones since long. Qantas A330s are long overdue! Any idea on how many CX Tristars? The Saudia ones are also overdue - both the Tristars and the 747sp's - in the cheatline scheme - totally abhor the current scheme.

Some more general news as well that do go outside of the scope of 1:400 scale:

- Gemini Jets, along with releasing the January 2023 releases as @MSRT&A Productions mentioned, will be releasing the Antonov 225 in 200 scale at some point this year (hopefully in the upcoming release).

- NG Models should be wrapping up their introductory phases of their CRP program this coming year too. I know they mentioned this previously.

- Gemini General Aviation will be getting the new Piper J-3 Cub mould soon, as announced in a recent future release announcement. As always, no exact date for its release is known.

This is great news. Have been looking forward to these ones since long. Qantas A330s are long overdue! Any idea on how many CX Tristars? The Saudia ones are also overdue - both the Tristars and the 747sp's - in the cheatline scheme - totally abhor the current scheme.
Sadly not yet. Maybe try shooting them an email asking for more information. If you need tips on contacting them, DM me.
While at least it is coming, any words on old and new livery ac a320s?
Once again, sadly not yet.

Some more general news as well that do go outside of the scope of 1:400 scale:

- Gemini Jets, along with releasing the January 2023 releases as @MSRT&A Productions mentioned, will be releasing the Antonov 225 in 200 scale at some point this year (hopefully in the upcoming release).

- NG Models should be wrapping up their introductory phases of their CRP program this coming year too. I know they mentioned this previously.

- Gemini General Aviation will be getting the new Piper J-3 Cub mould soon, as announced in a recent future release announcement. As always, no exact date for its release is known.
The GJ An225 was originally scheduled to drop this month, so hopefully the delays aren't too severe.

NG's -8i is probably the mould I'm most excited for in any scale, not only because it's my favorite type, but also since JC's attempts in both 1:400 and 1:200 are lackluster. I'd be willing to give up half my collection for a perfect KE -8i lol.

I'm a little unsure about their release schedule though. Not a whole lot of liveries, so even 1 per month seems optimistic. What I am sure about is that their first -8i will be a Lufthansa.

The GJ An225 was originally scheduled to drop this month, so hopefully the delays aren't too severe.
I’m hopeful too. Would think that January we’ll see the Antonov as well. January releases will be out next week so we won’t have to wait long to find out.

I’m hopeful too. Would think that January we’ll see the Antonov as well. January releases will be out next week so we won’t have to wait long to find out.
Fingers crossed for good QC as well, I've had a string of bad luck with 1:200s recently that have left a sour taste in my mouth. It's super annoying when a model is otherwise perfect, but has that one blemish you can't ignore.

Yay! Qantas A330s would be an awesome release. Along with those registrations I would also love to see VH-QPA in the 1990s livery, VH-QPB in the 2007 livery, VH-EBA in the 1990s livery and VH-EBV in the OneWorld livery.

Yay! Qantas A330s would be an awesome release. Along with those registrations I would also love to see VH-QPA in the 1990s livery, VH-QPB in the 2007 livery, VH-EBA in the 1990s livery and VH-EBV in the OneWorld livery.
I'd for sure pick up a Qantas A333 from NG. Is this a confirmed future release?

I'm hoping to see some more mould and printing improvements from NG (and GJ although highly unlikely) -- with the main ones being the 777 APU exhaust and the A320 family overwing exits.

Adding moulded-in belly intakes for the A330 and 747SP would be nice as well, since that detail was introduced with the 777.
Yeah that'll push these moulds even further up a notch. I also feel that they may still need to tweak the A330 nosecones - a little more pointier - JC has the right nosecone pointiness and PH does too - but I just don't buy those anymore unless really really really compelled to after NG's 330s came out because JC refuses to correct the horrible and erroneous undercarriage and PH nose gear doors are like way way oversized.

I'm excited about these new molds. What's most exciting to me is the unique offerings, we have never had this much variety before! Let's make 2023 great!