1/400 Eagle County Regional Airport

TMall12

Hello, I'm Timothy. I made a 1:400 scale replica of Eagle County Regional Airport and presented it for a school event! I have photos from the event but better photos of each aircraft.

Attachments

• IMG_2518.JPG
    IMG_2518.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
  • TGTP8238.JPG
    TGTP8238.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6688 new.JPG
    IMG_6688 new.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6699 new.JPG
    IMG_6699 new.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6711 new.JPG
    IMG_6711 new.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6718 new.JPG
    IMG_6718 new.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6726 new.JPG
    IMG_6726 new.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
No problem! and wow I would take way longer to build a model airport
Yeah usually I would like to take my time in building model airports but I got word that I would be a head presenter for my school a week before and I thought I should make something special!

I made it in google slides. Here is the sided deck and sorry for some of the airline titles being a bit wonky. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1axctZ1UymxB6w4fQb5z482VGrFYnRrA-ra306zgokjg/edit?usp=sharing
Did you do it all manually? I'm wondering if there's any way to automate the generation, starting with a raw 24 hour flight schedule? I have at least one set of schedules for IND for each year going all the way back to the 70s. So, for instance, if I were able to take the schedule for a particular point in time and enter all of it into Excel and arrange the data chronologically within a 24 hour day, would I be able to pick an arbitrary time of day and show the next however many arrivals and departures from that point?

You did a good job with the ground markings, specially the apron grills, parking/taxiway lines and the weathering!
The red lines look too thick IMO but the rest is fine.

Did you do it all manually? I'm wondering if there's any way to automate the generation, starting with a raw 24 hour flight schedule? I have at least one set of schedules for IND for each year going all the way back to the 70s. So, for instance, if I were able to take the schedule for a particular point in time and enter all of it into Excel and arrange the data chronologically within a 24 hour day, would I be able to pick an arbitrary time of day and show the next however many arrivals and departures from that point?
The First version was manually but currently I am experimenting in creating one that is a bit more automate. The new one I am making can hold around 16-17 but I'm still in development on that. Also I mainly know how to make modern boards compared to retro styles like the ones found in the 70's cause of formatting text and transitions.

You did a good job with the ground markings, specially the apron grills, parking/taxiway lines and the weathering!
The red lines look too thick IMO but the rest is fine.
Thank you! Also see what you mean. Yeah at the time I didn't have a thin red paint pen and I could have ordered one but I forgot to and had to work with what I had.

The First version was manually but currently I am experimenting in creating one that is a bit more automate. The new one I am making can hold around 16-17 but I'm still in development on that. Also I mainly know how to make modern boards compared to retro styles like the ones found in the 70's cause of formatting text and transitions.
It would be the same principle, except you would change your background and font colors and style to represent the look of the old monochrome displays.

Do you use Excel at all? You can enter all of your flight data in there and link your PowerPoint to it. I would like to experiment with this approach for Indianapolis. What I would like to do is put all of the scheduled flight movements in for a 24-hour period, sort them in order by arrival or departure local time, and use that to generate a status tracker of everything that would be at each gate over the course of the day, then feed that data into a facsimile of the FIDS screens. Most airlines at IND don't have more than 2 or 3 gates each, so that would be fairly easy I would think,

Do you use Excel at all? You can enter all of your flight data in there and link your PowerPoint to it. I would like to experiment with this approach for Indianapolis. What I would like to do is put all of the scheduled flight movements in for a 24-hour period, sort them in order by arrival or departure local time, and use that to generate a status tracker of everything that would be at each gate over the course of the day, then feed that data into a facsimile of the FIDS screens. Most airlines at IND don't have more than 2 or 3 gates each, so that would be fairly easy I would think,
Sorry, I don't use Excel at all. I primarily use Google slides and Google sheets. But I look into it for slides and sheets!!

Sorry, I don't use Excel at all. I primarily use Google slides and Google sheets. But I look into it for slides and sheets!!
Google sheets can probably do something similar. I think it can even open Excel (.xls or .xlsx) files. Once I can get one of my Indy files set up, perhaps I could send it to you as an example.

@TMall12 Delta dosen’t fly the 737 to Eagle County Regional Airport they fly 757 . And United dosent fly the the 737 800 they only fly the 737 700 to Eagle