You get to create & own a manufacturer, what would you primarily release, and what would you name your company?

thiscooldude

I would have releases similar to jet-x, but would make the releases worldwide. as for the company name, maybe something like Jet-x Revived or something.
You have unlimited budget to release whatever you want.

Name: Underrated Wings

I'd focus on moulds which doesn't exist yet, mainly smaller planes and/or turboprops, and also moulds with few releases in 1:400. And I'd focus in releasing lots of blank models and possibly models of smaller airlines. Examples:

- Antonov An-12
- Antonov An-24/26
- Embraer EMB-120 Brasilia
- DeHavilland Canada DHC-7
- Yakovlev Yak-40
- Transall C-160
- Fokker 50
- Fokker F27
- Fokker 100
- BAe ATP

I'd also like to release GSE packs and also general aviation packs, maybe using 3D printing technology.

My company would probably bite the dust due to low sales versus high costs, and I'm sure Mr. Alpha Kilo would call me a "bottomfeeder" on DAC, but hey, this is just for fun right? :cool:

Last edited:
Mine would be YankeeVictor400 and I would be just like El Aviador Models but on steroids! I reckon it's not a sound business plan and will probably end up with shelves and shelves of unsold obscure models of Latin carriers that only I care about lol.

Mine would be YankeeVictor400 and I would be just like El Aviador Models but on steroids! I reckon it's not a sound business plan and will probably end up with shelves and shelves of unsold obscure models of Latin carriers that only I care about lol.
If you can even find a brick and mortar store to pick up your models that is.

If I had my own c
I would actually love to see a brand like that.

Name: Your Craftsman 😉

Product: Built-to-order customs made using the best available mould for each type. Blank moulds will be bought directly from the original manufacturer and customized in-house according to customer's wishes. Perfect for collectors who like obscure airlines or fantasy models, and also those who want a specific reg. that hasn't been made.

Mould catalog:
737 - NG
747 - NG
757 - NG
777 - AV400
787 - NG
A320 - NG
A330 - NG
A330neo - AV400
A340 - Phoenix
A350 - NG
A380 - AV400
Tristar - NG

Last edited:
Name: Reclaimed wings

I would produce mostly 1:400 scale stuff but here’s the catch, every model is made from recycled aircraft. Also a part pet store where you can buy models and play with and adopt animals that need loving homes. Plus like a reward system thingy like free model with an an adoption of an animal or something like that

Name: Your Craftsman 😉

Product: Built-to-order customs made using the best available mould for each type. Blank moulds will be bought directly from the original manufacturer and customized in-house according to customer's wishes. Perfect for collectors who like obscure airlines or fantasy models, and also those who want a specific reg. that hasn't been made.

Sounds good! Sounds very expensive too! :ROFLMAO:

Name: OzWings

Focus area: Australia

Releases:
  • Anything and everything Australian! Mostly filling in the missing models or releasing models on superior moulds.
Moulds:
  • DC-3
  • DC-9 Family
  • A300 Family
  • B707 Family
  • B727 Family
  • B737 Original and Classics
  • B747 Family
  • B767 Family
  • Other moulds will be bought as blanks from manufacturers

As nice as this idea is as, I would probably end up with shelves upon shelves of unsold products!

Name: OzWings

Focus area: Australia

Releases:
  • Anything and everything Australian! Mostly filling in the missing models or releasing models on superior moulds.
Moulds:
  • DC-3
  • DC-9 Family
  • A300 Family
  • B707 Family
  • B727 Family
  • B737 Original and Classics
  • B747 Family
  • B767 Family
  • Other moulds will be bought as blanks from manufacturers

As nice as this idea is as, I would probably end up with shelves upon shelves of unsold products!
Its kind of a shame if you have a 747 mould but only use it to release australian models. maybe you can create bigbird400 mk.4 with those 747's?

Cheatline Models.

Specializing in US domestic workhorses of the 70s through the 90s, with focus on variations (for example, TWA twin stripe 727s with both solid and hollow titles). Most releases would be done with a choice of 3 different tail numbers.

The entire DC-9 line (-10 through the MD-80, plus the MD-90 and 717) would be the featured centerpiece of the catalog.

All done to exacting standards of accuracy and quality control, to state of the art standards (no seams!).

Last edited:
Name:Set Models (tentative name)

Releases would all be sets of all the operators and schemes an aircraft has worn,

For example let’s take D-ABYC (a 747-100) the set would compose of Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, Air Algerie, Air Jamaica, and LAN Chile. A set this big wouldn’t be practical, so I would probably split this hypothetical set in half. Mr. Alpha Kilo, would call me NG but that doesn’t matter unless he sues me!

Cheatline Models.

Specializing in US domestic workhorses of the 70s through the 90s, with focus on variations (for example, TWA twin stripe 727s with both solid and hollow titles). Most releases would be done with a choice of 3 different tail numbers.

The entire DC-9 line (-10 through the MD-80, plus the MD-90 and 717) would be the featured centerpiece of the catalog.

All done to exacting standards of accuracy and quality control, to state of the art standards (no seams!).
This would sound like the exact brand I would buy from as that’s where my collection seems to be focused at.

I’d name my company Colonel Models (named after my dog), and we’d specialize in modern European and US/Canadian releases that most companies haven’t touched upon, or that need to be re-released.