Why are Phoenix Models so expensive?

abdulmohiuddin

I noticed that both NG and Phoenix have released a model of B-18101, a China Airlines A321neo with a special Pokemon livery on it. However I also noticed a large price disparity between the two. I checked around at other Canadian retailers and the prices seem to be the same as shown for each respective model? Is this due to licensing? What exactly is causing a almost $30CAD price difference between the twoScreenshot 2023-04-01 22.31.07.pngScreenshot 2023-04-01 22.30.42.png?

I would say the difference is maybe due to licensing issues, but I don't think these 2 companies worry about that.

I've heard that the Phoenix prices are due to a distribution agreement in North America, where only one company distributes at higher prices. Waffle Collectibles (IIRC) does not get Phoenix models through that channel and has them for more reasonable prices.

I read somewhere don't recall where that in most of North America, Phoenix is distributed via GJ. Thus the pricing. If you check Waffle or Jetcollector, the prices are lower than other stores, presumably they use other channels for procurement.

Yikes, that's more that what you generally pay for NG widebodies. Ridiculous IMO
Yeah absolutely. Doesn't justify the inferior quality of comparable PH products. I understand if it's the one in which they have a monopoly literally - like the A340s - then one is compelled to buy them (and thankfully they're great models) , or because PH has most likely done a scheme before anyone else and thus captures the market.

I read somewhere don't recall where that in most of North America, Phoenix is distributed via GJ. Thus the pricing. If you check Waffle or Jetcollector, the prices are lower than other stores, presumably they use other channels for procurement.
Yes this is correct, I’m assuming Waffle and Jet Collector get them direct from PHX