Who Are HX Models & What Does It Mean for 400 Scale?

YesterAirlines

Previously known as YY Models or Blue Wings, but now known as HX Models, there is a new brand about that seems to be shaking up the status quo with high quality models at low prices. Who are they and what are they doing? Here's a rundown of what I've been able to find out. There is definitely the potential for them to be a disruptor and they are already making wavess:

HXSQ_02.jpg

The 747-8f is already up at MHH. It's at 2/3rd the price of the competition - unless you're going FD

The cockpit windows are way oversized - but I guess at this price point, no one's gonna be complaining.

748 mold looks exactly like jc/gemini
The upperdeck is not as way off (too tall) as the JC, but still this looks like another mould that was based on erroneous upperdeck height data or indeed a "copy" of the mould in question.:unsure:
Interestingly, this 741 sample (?) looks like if it's going the opposite direction. Would like to see them side by side.

Indeed, I'm especially excited about the flaps down configuration that the 747-100 seems to have, flaps down is my favorite gimmick in this scale for sure!

They are indeed doing a 747 classic. They have my attention now.

Based on what YY has done with previous molds I trust they know what they are doing and will not make the same mistake NG did of using -400 wings without winglets.

One thing that concerns me is they seem to primarily be after NG and JC, they should go after Aeroclassics and BigBird...

I for once like the flaps-down option on a mold. I would love to recreate this:

1719438338122.png

1719438358981.png

Speaking of JC @YesterAirlines, did I hear you correctly saying they are also planning on releasing N7470? I saw the "hint" about it, but that picture of a 747-8F in the house colors threw me off, plus I can't never understand what Sam is implying or even if he is serious or not.

They are indeed doing a 747 classic. They have my attention now.

Based on what YY has done with previous molds I trust they know what they are doing and will not make the same mistake NG did of using -400 wings without winglets.

One thing that concerns me is they seem to primarily be after NG and JC, they should go after Aeroclassics and BigBird...

I for once like the flaps-down option on a mold. I would love to recreate this:

View attachment 30740

View attachment 30741

Speaking of JC @YesterAirlines, did I hear you correctly saying they are also planning on releasing N7470? I saw the "hint" about it, but that picture of a 747-8F in the house colors threw me off, plus I can't never understand what Sam is implying or even if he is serious or not.
BigBird is JC really nowadays.

Yes JC Wings are now making N7470 as well. The image he showed was a test of the new box. It is coming with GSE (albeit the rather crappy old JC GSE) and is already up for order at a lot of sites.

BigBird is JC really nowadays.

I know... but BigBird Mk.3 seems to go unnoticed with their trickle of somewhat niche releases. I guess what I meant was I wish the newcomers would pick up on the fact that a stream of classic 747 in the liveries of flag carriers, on a good mold, is what many of us have been longing for.

How about go after Aeroclassics and Phoenix 747s? We know NG has been disappointing in terms of release choices for quite some time now. It is too early to tell what direction they are going to go with their 747 classics. If JC, and now HX, are going after NG and vice-versa we are not going to get anywhere for quite some time.

I know... but BigBird Mk.3 seems to go unnoticed with their trickle of somewhat niche releases. I guess what I meant was I wish the newcomers would pick up on the fact that a stream of classic 747 in the liveries of flag carriers, on a good mold, is what many of us have been longing for.

How about go after Aeroclassics and Phoenix 747s? We know NG has been disappointing in terms of release choices for quite some time now. It is too early to tell what direction they are going to go with their 747 classics. If JC, and now HX, are going after NG and vice-versa we are not going to get anywhere for quite some time.
You're not expecting sensible release choices that benefit the collectors and hobby as a whole are you? That's a big ask when they can just keep on brawling in the playground over marketshare and make the same things as each other :LOL:

You're not expecting sensible release choices that benefit the collectors and hobby as a whole are you? That's a big ask when they can just keep on brawling in the playground over marketshare and make the same things as each other :LOL:

It's too funny to watch really. Poor NG though, as they were the ones with the original idea of releasing N7470. I am working on my next big (big for my modest standards) order with WCD, and it included the NG Lite 747. With HX and JC coming into the picture NG will likely lose my order, unfortunately. Not sure if I want to buy all three for comparison purposes...

These copycat releases are quite funny.
One (NG) comes up with the idea (release the prototype 747-100), and immediately others do the very same. Sounds like a pure panic decision, if you ask me. It seems they can't come up with something better, so why not simply copy their opponent's move? lol

it's really terrible to see the copycat move.
knowing that the classics would sell well, why don't they just release the other hot topics like Pan Am first delivered 747, and even the NASA SCA. those for sure will be mega as well

JC Wings put out a rant on their Instagram.
Screenshot_20240905_002018_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240905_002044_Instagram.jpg
I've been told by a friend that this is in reference to HX Models. Apparently HX Models was a former JC Wings factory(pretty sure this was widely known by the collectorate), and one of two closed down by JC Wings a few years ago. It was reopened without JC Wings knowing, using the JC moulds or slight modifications of them to make Models that could undercut JC Wings themselves. Johan Chan himself has taken great offense to this and is allegedly suing the HX Factory for theft of intellectual property. Very interested to see what becomes of this, if it ends up with HX Models being stamped out of existence or if HX Models manages to pull through. Another thing of interest is if any HX Models on preorder make it out to customers.

yea i saw it and went further to check the relevant post and found this thread on DAC.

More about SQ Wings : they took JC Wings design

long story short, JC are produced by DPM (diecastplanemaster) factory for around 20 years, and their contract ended on 2023, where DPM told JC they were going to cease production. and JC went on to find another factory.

then this year, mysteriously SQ Wings came out with tons of 747s, A380s and 787s on their brand debut, and SQ is produced by DPM (which turned out continuing production) as well. (although in an announcement they claimed the originality of the brand and molds).

and then we saw the rant of JC on IG above.

Last edited: