What if PHOENIX had a B767-200?

LeoMuse747

Phoenix isn't really my favorite model maker. The shiny wheelhubs aren't my cup of tea, and I loathe their Boeing 747 moulds (except the 747-8), which look stubby and cringeworthy. They released a few nice 747s which i'd definitely get, if wasn't for the bad mould, and this drives me mad. On the other hand, their Boeing 767 is a decent effort! I got myself a Varig 767 in classic colors and was impressed with the model. It is really beautiful, so hats off to Phoenix!

The sad thing is that Phoenix have only a Boeing 767-300 mould. No 767-200 or 767-400 were produced.
So I was kinda bored here in my room and thought about having some fun in Photoshop.

What if Phoenix had a Boeing 767-200???

Here's the original picture of my Boeing 767-300ER PP-VOJ.

PP-VOJ.jpg

After a few Photoshop tweaks, including a change of reg and minor details... here's Varig Boeing 767-200ER PP-VNR

PP-VNR fake.jpg

I must say I loved the result! Now I wish Phoenix had a B762. Would be great!!!
Tell me what you think. Would it be better than Aeroclassics or Gemini/JC Wings versions?

Another fantastic "virtual custom" Leo! I agree that PHX are quite decent and look forward to more models from them. A 762 release would be nice as it is a seamless mould. The 764 would sell like hot cakes! Your virtual customs are amazing and have inspired me a lot to create my own.

The wing root on their -8 mould is a pretty glaring issue, that alone (imo) makes it worse than the already-subpar JC version. Shame NG is taking so long, and AV400 seems to have no interest in making 747s.

Another fantastic "virtual custom" Leo! I agree that PHX are quite decent and look forward to more models from them. A 762 release would be nice as it is a seamless mould. The 764 would sell like hot cakes! Your virtual customs are amazing and have inspired me a lot to create my own.

Thank you! I'll surely create more of these customs when I finally have my diorama. They are very fun to create!

The wing root on their -8 mould is a pretty glaring issue, that alone (imo) makes it worse than the already-subpar JC version. Shame NG is taking so long, and AV400 seems to have no interest in making 747s.

Uh oh, I wasn't aware of that. So it seems we'll have to wait for the NG version indeed.
The JC 747-8F looks absolutely terrible with that weird front section.

Thank you! I'll surely create more of these customs when I finally have my diorama. They are very fun to create!

Uh oh, I wasn't aware of that. So it seems we'll have to wait for the NG version indeed.
The JC 747-8F looks absolutely terrible with that weird front section.
You'd think it was a mould made in the early-2000s...
1675523665075.png

Honestly I think the Aeroclassics 762 is about as good as a 762 is going to get without aerials and such.
Though a Phoenix version would still be a solid option, the only manufacturers that could really make a significantly improved mould - if they wanted to - would be NG, AV400 and Panda.

Honestly I think the Aeroclassics 762 is about as good as a 762 is going to get without aerials and such.
Though a Phoenix version would still be a solid option, the only manufacturers that could really make a significantly improved mould - if they wanted to - would be NG, AV400 and Panda.

IMO the latest JC Wings 767-200 looks way better than Aeroclassics...
AC have oversized gears, simple looking engines and [sometimes] a weirdly round front section.
Here's a comparison:

JC Wings
Aeroclassics

Sto davvero aspettando così tanto STAR AIR 767-300 di Phoenix o JC.
For to be honest i'm waiting so much some new models with the mould il-62 and 767 from JC and PH