What’s Your Favorite Model Aircraft Company Poll

What’s your favorite aircraft model company?

• Gemini Jets

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • NG Models

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • JC Wings

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Phoenix Models

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aviation 400

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Herpa Models

• Panda Models

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Aeroclassics

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Skymarks

• El Aviador

• Total voters
Honestly I love many manufacturers, however my vote goes out to NG due to the simple reason that they're shaking the foundations. If it wasn't for NG, the legacy brands wouldn't feel the need to keep improving as much as they do now.

So I really vote for NG purely from a future perspective on what is yet to come, the pure potential.
If I were to look at my most favourite models in my collection as of today, I would have voted for Aeroclassics.

Fun way to use this feature! I think several are in the running, but due to the quality/variety combo, I have to go with NG here!

NG models, just holding the model in your hand feels of value and not cheap quality, Phoenix models used to be great especially there 777 moulds but as of late it’s gone downhill with so many issues

NG is top quality. I currently only have one model made by NG, but it's quite obvious they have top quality. They have my vote! :)

Since I usually buy older models, I enjoy lots of older Gemini Jets releases too. Nowadays not so much, I find their current releases very boring and repetitive.

JC Wings have some very cool models aswell. Same goes to AV400 and other smaller players.
Aeroclassics also deserves high praise for keeping the classics alive!

Phoenix, on the other hand, is my least favorite brand. They really should improve some of their moulds, specially the 747, which is beyond terrible.

Old school here; most of my collection is Aeroclassics and Gemini Jets. Aeroclassics makes my DC-8s so that shows the weight on the scale.
2022 1:400 purchases by manufacture brand this year by me:
Aeroclassics 15
JC Wings 3
NG Models 3
Aviation 400 2
Gemini Jets 2

1. NG - Clear cut above the rest, with top-tier moulds and (especially) printing. Only brand to get rolling gears and aerials 100% correct. Best way I can describe them is "refined;" you can't really appreciate the quality unless you actually have one in hand.

2. AV400 - Smidge below NG. Excellent moulds with more extra details than NG (ex. jeweled beacon lights), but the printing and landing gear aren't as good. Aerials are a tad oversized as well.

3. JC - Decent to excellent moulds, hit-or-miss printing. Cockpit windows are particularly problematic. Aerials are a little oversized and landing gears aren't as crisp as AV400 or NG.

4. GJ - Same quality as JC, but ranked lower because they don’t do Cathay and Singapore. Emirates and modern Western airlines don't interest me at all.

5. PH - Dated moulds, subpar detailing, lots of QC horror stories. Only brand I actively avoid.

Dunno much about AC, I don't own any since classics are mostly outside my criteria. The Tristar's one exception, but there's no reason to look beyond NG for that.

Last edited:
AV400 and NG for me. Both have superior moulds and releases. AV400's releases are more interesting to me, but NG has the best variety out of any manufacturer. I only get Phoenix models now if I find some old Asia-Pacific models here and there, but that's about it.

Gemini Jets on the other hand has fallen to the very bottom of my list. As a younger collector, i'd only get GJ models, but given the "high" prices for their mediocre models, I have no reason to buy their models given that NG and AV400 are filling the void they created.

Out of the 8 models i've purchased most recently, 7 have been AV400 models. Got my last GJ in 2020.

So far for me is NG models. I may get 1 AV400 in the future but I mainly collect classics. I did start off with Gemini Jets but then NG took over Gemini and now I mainly buy old Gemini releases. For Aeroclassics I only 2 of them mainly because I thought they had bad moulds though their DC9's are amazing.

When it comes to subjects made it's clearly Aeroclassics. When it comes to the entire package (quality, execution, detail, PR...) it clearly is not.
I'm in for accurate and detailed moulds with crisp printing, so NG gets the vote. Now if they'd make less "special" liveries and more classics...

NG Models and Aviation400 are definitely my top favourite manufacturers. With JC Wings at a close sesecond.

I would love to try out Panda Models. I saw through reviews their A320 series moulds are excellent.