Virgin Atlantic Restarts Service to Xin Long International

YesterAirlines

My Xin Long model airport has had a somewhat tough time recently. I managed to get it to the UK ok but it obviously needed to be disassembled and even though I have two rooms for my collection in the house there isn't room for it so it now resides in the garage. I'm still working on getting it back up and running properly and it still needs some rebuilding, however Terminal 2 is not far off being completed. I have a small sub-fleet of models that live on this diorama (mainly Chinese models that have been replaced by better versions and a few other models that don't really fit my collection criteria too).

The airport actually does have its own website but it hasn't been updated in a while and is a little out of date: https://xinlongairport.weebly.com/

Anyway I thought I'd use the arrival of the new NG VS A350-1041 to take some new photos with a backstory so here we go:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Virgin Atlantic have just resumed service to Xin Long for the first time since 2020 due to the pandemic. Their first service linking Xin Long with LHR used 'Fearless Lady' G-VEVE. These first four shots show her arrival into gate 16 of T2:

G-VEVE_XL_01.JPG

G-VEVE_XL_09.JPG

G-VEVE_XL_10.JPG

Great pictures, Richard. Really admire your Chinese airline collection. Some great liveries that look great on your layout.

Excellent Rich - I've been under a rock for the past couple years - how did you move your collection from one end of the world to another?