The Rebirth of Xin Long

YesterAirlines

Got some time in the garage today and the rebirth of Xin Long continues. With a new extended display space there's room for an extra area joining T1 and T2. This will house among other things a new Control Tower, Maintenance Hangars, Fire Station and some remote parking. Tons of work to do. Stay tuned for updates as I put the model back together and upgrade it.

DSC05872.JPG

DSC05884.JPG

Improvements to Xin Long continue and in this post it is the turn of the transition from the airside to the backdrop with new trees, hedging and some excellent blast fences from AvGeek Models. Simple, and cheap changes that have really improved the layout:

XLUPGRADE_PT2.jpg

Work on Xin Long has come a long way in the past few months and the new area is approaching completion. Yesterday I spent much of the day pottering with the layout and produced this short vid giving a quick introduction to the setup:

Just arrived at Xin Long this QR A380 taxies to its gate in Terminal 2

20240602_Qatar2.jpg

And 1.5 hours after arrival A7-APA passes Terminal 1 on her way to the departure runway for the return journey to Doha:

20240602_XL_QATAR.jpg

Absolutely awesome. I didn't know the layout was this big! The new maintenance and cargo area looks great. Is there enough room for a B747-8F?
By the way, now you need to make a runway! :)

Last month I took a look at the entire Xin Long model layout but in this vid I wanted to look closer at the new airport extension featuring maintenance hangars, a control tower, remote gates and a fire station. A massive thank you to AvGeek Models whose great GSE and buildings feature heavily: