The Mini World of 1:600

Hello, I noticed there is no 1:600 thread so I posted this in 1:400 which is the nearest scale in terms of size. I will post my only 1:600 model which is the TWA Boeing 767-300 I have very little info on the model I am going to be researching it and looking into when it was produced and other applicable Details. Below I have attached images of the model feel free to post any of your 1:600 models below.

Item Number 927/10

View attachment 3571View attachment 3572
that's cool, I have around 50 / 60 1:600 planes and i will post a thread soon

I have a couple pretty run-down 1:600 models, I think by Schabak. My grandparents got them for me when they were in france many many years ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
Digging through some packing boxes still full of models I also discovered these two Schabaks. I think the last Schabaks I ever bought. I must still have a three digit number of Schabaks somewhere which I collected in the 1980's/90's.
Schabak was based where I grew up (Nürnberg area) - and I remember these little models were decaled in homework here while the casts came from China. Hard to resist buying these... 😄
Both of these two examples were released as part of the "Silver Wings" series, highly limited to not more than 2,000 units or so - this series was set up to get a foot into the US collectible market IIRC.
Schabak by AlexK3800, auf Flickr

There are some real oddballs in 1:600 - TWA A330 comes to mind.
Airlines (inflight sales) was a big business for Schabak and so they were quick to market with new stuff.
TWA was an important customer in the A330's early days so a TWA 333 was only consequent.

I'm not so sure about China. At least in the beginning everything was produced in Germany using former Schuco moulds. I have a picture of a Schabak employee working on the casts and adding silver wheels with a machine. This may have changed in the 1990s.

I'm not so sure about China. At least in the beginning everything was produced in Germany using former Schuco moulds. I have a picture of a Schabak employee working on the casts and adding silver wheels with a machine. This may have changed in the 1990s.
I remember reading about Schabak's "homeworkers" in the local newspaper and there they said the casts - originally cast in Germany as you say - where moved to Asia for cost savings. I can't remember the dates, might have been early 1990.

Digging through some packing boxes still full of models I also discovered these two Schabaks. I think the last Schabaks I ever bought. I must still have a three digit number of Schabaks somewhere which I collected in the 1980's/90's.
Schabak was based where I grew up (Nürnberg area) - and I remember these little models were decaled in homework here while the casts came from China. Hard to resist buying these... 😄
Both of these two examples were released as part of the "Silver Wings" series, highly limited to not more than 2,000 units or so - this series was set up to get a foot into the US collectible market IIRC.
Schabak by AlexK3800, auf Flickr
Wow aome of thos models are way older than me

Are you talking about this article?

Attachments

• Geschichte2.gif
    Geschichte2.gif
    343.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Geschichte1.gif
    Geschichte1.gif
    662.5 KB · Views: 12