Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Not even @Phantom is nitpicking about that good lord.

Get a life 🤣

What the hell? I actually thought: "Ha! Now I got him. How come Phantom basically destroyed the NG 747-8 D-ABYT and let this pass?" and now I'm the one being labelled as nitpicky? Pff, I still buy Dragon as of 2024 and I find them great. Move your bashes elsewhere, folks 🧐

Picked this up from the Waffle Collection Sale for $50. Most of you would know this set usually sells for a lot more, but this one was actually on the "Scratch Dent" section. Turns out it was a broken tail on the Shuttle, and some minor marks on the paint on an otherwise very well-maintained set. It is easy for the Shuttle to wabble around in the cradle, which is why I think it got damaged, instead of mistreatment.

View attachment 28533

After a good polishing and a drop of glue this is the result:

View attachment 28534View attachment 28535View attachment 28536

Living in Houston and having spent five years of my life around Ellington Field towards the end of the Space Shuttle program, I've got tons of cool memories and photos of the SCA (N905NA), and also got to see it carrying Shuttle Endeavour once. Very happy to have found this set at a price that I was willing to pay.

This is when N905NA stopped in Houston on September 29, 2012 taking Shuttle Endeavour to its final resting place in California..

View attachment 28537

Then the 747 came back to Houston and it is now displayed at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center. The photo below is from March, 20, 2014 when it was being dismantled at Ellington for transportation to the Space Center. It remains my most watched photo at JP.com

View attachment 28538
Been to the JSC a couple of times after they got the jumbo - she's a beaut IRL and so is this model. I'm thinking of either getting this one (when the price is right) or waiting for NG to come up with their version.

Even with a detached shuttle tail, $50 is still quite a steal! Amazing photos, both of the model and of the real thing.

What the hell? I actually thought: "Ha! Now I got him. How come Phantom basically destroyed the NG 747-8 D-ABYT and let this pass?" and now I'm the one being labelled as nitpicky? Pff, I still buy Dragon as of 2024 and I find them great. Move your bashes elsewhere, folks 🧐

Nono you are right, however don’t take it too critical even though I never got at him for that. However this criticism may be a little more absurd than the Lufty logo being off (all the other nitpicks I’m a little too slow to recognize so I can’t speak on that), which had a bit of backing to it. Didn’t mean I let him pass, I still threw shade at the comment I made.

"Ha! Now I got him. How come Phantom basically destroyed the NG 747-8 D-ABYT and let this pass?"
Nah, I've seen that on the 4K-image on my screen - and maybe would find a dozen other things if need be. Let me just like the model of an airframe I didn't know it exists.😅
An LH 747 I've seen once to often, researched quite a bit, created artwork and built models of and even tried to make NG aware of the issues when they published the pre-prod artwork. Give me a mediocre picture of that model and 1sec time to identify issues.😉

Btw, my most favourite models aren't the perfect ones, but those that please my eyes - this KAL 738 could be one of them. A Lufthansa airframe with an off position printed tail logo wont find a place on my display, not if I'd get it for free, likely not even if you'd pay me for. 🤔😆

Last edited:
Been to the JSC a couple of times after they got the jumbo - she's a beaut IRL and so is this model. I'm thinking of either getting this one (when the price is right) or waiting for NG to come up with their version.

Even with a detached shuttle tail, $50 is still quite a steal! Amazing photos, both of the model and of the real thing.
I went there last year also, it is an amazing exhibit.

1711664330391.jpeg
Chill bro!

Congratulations on these two lovely arrivals!

Eagerly awaiting my copy of D-AIMK (held up along with NG's first 'classic' releases due to PH's nowhere-to-be-seen Kuwait A343 🫣🙆🏽‍♂️ - any idea when that's due for release?)

On another note - eagerly awaiting the QF A380 in the previous / delivery scheme!
The Kuwait would probably be out soon. Lunar New Year did hold things quite a while.

I bet that AV4 would come up with the delivery scheme QF A380, my 2 cent is that it could take around 1 year or so from now for that to happen.

So I picked up NG's ABYM, purely to see how the cockpit windshield looks in person. Shape is fine, still a tad too big. Not perfect, but like the SP's controversial nose form, I personally don't mind it much.
20240330141344_IMG_0729.JPG

Here's a comparison with the JC. JC does have better windshield size, but NG beats it everywhere else (hump & nose form, aerials etc.).
20240330142234_IMG_0735.JPG20240330142113_IMG_0733.JPG

Just as a sidenote, this particular release doesn't have the horizontal stabilizer leading edges printed on. If I hadn't gotten this solely for "testing" purposes, I wouldn't be too happy...

Last edited:
So I picked up NG's ABYM, purely to see how the cockpit windshield looks in person. Shape is pretty spot-on, but it's still a tad too big....
(....)
Here's a comparison with the JC. JC does have better windshield size, but NG beats it everywhere else (hump & nose form, aerials etc.).
Looking forward to more LH - Have the GJ YM Starhansa - hope they make other regs. As I'd need an NG 748i in this scheme. A perfect mould! The best 748 without doubt.

The cockpit size - minutely smaller could be, but the current one is no deal breaker at all - though will not go to the extent to say JC's is correct / perfect - the cockpit on their recent 747-8F (the Atlas Air last 747) is quite large - even from photos - theirs keeps varying! Besides the mould issues we're all well aware of.

USPS told me that the ETA was April 1st... but that turned out to be an early April Fools' joke, as my Southwest Fat Alberts came in today. Got a great deal on 'em by pre-ordering during Black Friday on EZToys, and they were the first to send out the new releases as well - makes up for the wrong shade of blue (which ain't too noticeable in certain lighting conditions), for now.2.jpg4.jpg2.jpg7.jpg7.jpg7.jpg

Models 233, 234 & 235. Aeroclassics Vueling A321, GJ Aer Lingus A333 & NG Level A332, all for the International Airlines Group collection, the owners of BA. Just need to find an Iberia A359 that’s not Phoenix produced.

Attachments

• IMG_8825.jpeg
    IMG_8825.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8925.jpeg
    IMG_8925.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8991.jpeg
    IMG_8991.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6