Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

That An-32 is so awesome! It's on my wishlist. I like the basic Aeroflot livery on it.
Too bad this model is quite expensive for me at the moment and, therefore, not really a priority on my list. But one day I hope to get it :)

That An-32 is so awesome! It's on my wishlist. I like the basic Aeroflot livery on it.
Too bad this model is quite expensive for me at the moment and, therefore, not really a priority on my list. But one day I hope to get it :)
It is truly a stunning new mould in the 1:400 world. I agree it is so costly to get one, I had to wait for quite sometimes before getting it.

My patience has paid off as these 2 incoming Whales are so well-made! Not all models of this AV400 release make it out of the factory line, but I’m glad that my most wanted ones did. First, an overview shot with 2 members from afar:
IMG_1535.jpeg

I felt that the nose on these A380s is a tad different than my BA’s, it looks a bit weird. Munich is where this aircraft - Lufthansa A380-841 D-AIMK - based at. It succeeded the A359 that I had in my collection. MK would go nicely with my other 2 LH B748s. This one is flawless. The details are nicely printed. As many would argue, the antennas weren’t the most realistic feature due to its being oversized. It does not look that "off" as compared to AV’s B789 or B77W.
IMG_1533.jpeg
My long wanted Whale on a decent mould is here - Qantas A380-842 VH-OQD in the current livery. If I remember correctly, this QF was supposed to bear -OQK reg but in the end it was -OQD. The model had a bit of black paints on the grey rim on the port side of the front landing gear. I am fine with that.
IMG_1534.jpeg
And the QF on its provided stand - oh boy it sure looks good!
IMG_1540.jpeg
That’s all for today’s new arrivals! I am anticipating some new models coming soon, hopefully before I go to Germany. In that batch includes my first Tristar -200 srs - anyone would like to guess which scheme is that? Also it seems that the Turkmenistan B77L are not made in time so that I could purchase before my journey onboard the real machine.

Last edited:
..... My long wanted Whale on a decent mould is here - Qantas A380-842 VH-OQD in the current livery.....
Congratulations on these two lovely arrivals!

Eagerly awaiting my copy of D-AIMK (held up along with NG's first 'classic' releases due to PH's nowhere-to-be-seen Kuwait A343 🫣🙆🏽‍♂️ - any idea when that's due for release?)

On another note - eagerly awaiting the QF A380 in the previous / delivery scheme!

Picked this up from the Waffle Collection Sale for $50. Most of you would know this set usually sells for a lot more, but this one was actually on the "Scratch Dent" section. Turns out it was a broken tail on the Shuttle, and some minor marks on the paint on an otherwise very well-maintained set. It is easy for the Shuttle to wabble around in the cradle, which is why I think it got damaged, instead of mistreatment.

rsized.jpg

After a good polishing and a drop of glue this is the result:

DSC_3330.jpgDSC_3331.jpgDSC_3336.jpg

Living in Houston and having spent five years of my life around Ellington Field towards the end of the Space Shuttle program, I've got tons of cool memories and photos of the SCA (N905NA), and also got to see it carrying Shuttle Endeavour once. Very happy to have found this set at a price that I was willing to pay.

This is when N905NA stopped in Houston on September 29, 2012 taking Shuttle Endeavour to its final resting place in California..

1711653867192.png

Then the 747 came back to Houston and it is now displayed at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center. The photo below is from March, 20, 2014 when it was being dismantled at Ellington for transportation to the Space Center. It remains my most watched photo at JP.com

1711653979005.png

Picked this up from the Waffle Collection Sale for $50. Most of you would know this set usually sells for a lot more, but this one was actually on the "Scratch Dent" section. Turns out it was a broken tail on the Shuttle, and some minor marks on the paint on an otherwise very well-maintained set. It is easy for the Shuttle to wabble around in the cradle, which is why I think it got damaged, instead of mistreatment.

View attachment 28533

After a good polishing and a drop of glue this is the result:

View attachment 28534View attachment 28535View attachment 28536

Living in Houston and having spent five years of my life around Ellington Field towards the end of the Space Shuttle program, I've got tons of cool memories and photos of the SCA (N905NA), and also got to see it carrying Shuttle Endeavour once. Very happy to have found this set at a price that I was willing to pay.

This is when N905NA stopped in Houston on September 29, 2012 taking Shuttle Endeavour to its final resting place in California..

View attachment 28537

Then the 747 came back to Houston and it is now displayed at the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center. The photo below is from March, 20, 2014 when it was being dismantled at Ellington for transportation to the Space Center. It remains my most watched photo at JP.com

View attachment 28538

Awesome model and awesome photo too!