Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

I haven't bought any Dragon Wings for a while but today I got the JAA 747-300 JA8189 for a very low price. The cockpit printing is not as good as on the Swissair one I have to say. Having said that I still like the DW 747-300

Yeah, sadly the cockpit windows seem to be looking at the clouds instead of looking forward! 😆
The model is fantastic, though. Replacing the cockpit windows with a new decal must be easy peasy for you, and will do wonders in your model.

Last edited:
5 from Jet Collector arrived this morning into the UK. 2 new types into my collection, first the Vickers Viscount G-AMON in BOAC livery and the 2nd new type is G-AVOE, a BAC 1-11 in Cambrian Airways livery with British Airways titles. Believe Cambrian Airways were a Welsh airline that BA purchased in the 1970’s but I could be wrong. Other 3 are the Landor 737-200 G-BKYD, 707 G-AWHU with BOAC colours and the final addition is G-ASZF, British Airways Cargo 707F! Models 217, 218, 219, 220 and 221, all from Aeroclassics.
Nice arrivals! whats going on with that BOAC livery 707's nose gear? 1710301764635.png

nice, btw have you found the NG stand hard to be screwed in ? got mine the LH 748, and i cannot get the screw fully in position before it stripped, very disappointed.
Correct; the screw does not go all the way in, so I used two tiny packing rings to tighten it up and problem solved!

Don't know what's up with 1:400 stands, they never seem to work properly. NG's don't assemble properly, AV400's don't fit the arcraft etc...

Don't know what's up with 1:400 stands, they never seem to work properly. NG's don't assemble properly, AV400's don't fit the arcraft etc...
apparently no qc at all. what a shame NG makes such a nice metal finish stand but it doesn't assemble. av400's plastic one has much larger variation, some pin small some just the right size to insert the the belly hole.

It is another arrival for me today. Have you guys got any models that you really liked in the first place, bought it in your collection and sold it when it became obsolete to your collecting criteria; before finding out it is still worthy and you need it back asap, just to find out that it became much harder to get? I think this model surely proved my previous statement. I got it when it was release in the last decade directly from Pandafox Vietnam (when the US store hadn't opened) and I saw that this model was actually purchased from another store (presumably The Airplane Store since it is in LV) and not directly came from pdf themselves. Later, when the aircraft VP-BAB was phased out, I sold the model to my friend Tung, who still keeps it in his collection. ( I mainly collect only in-active service models, which is quite harsh and I am loosening on my criteria a bit) I have been on the hunt for this model quite sometimes. However it did not have a great priority like the recent releases. I came across this one on evilBay and made an offer (guess that I had made it a bit higher than the seller's expectancy) but still in my regular comfort zone. I paid more this time than I did when I first purchased this model. Welcome back to the collection, UTAir Boeing 767-200ER VP-BAB by JCWings. I guess some quick Photoshop with the reg, the model can become active again!
20240315_102502_HDR-01.jpeg

It is another arrival for me today. Have you guys got any models that you really liked in the first place, bought it in your collection and sold it when it became obsolete to your collecting criteria; before finding out it is still worthy and you need it back asap, just to find out that it became much harder to get?
Too many times. The ones I regret selling years ago, were the Sri Lankan A340-300 by Phoenix and the China Eastern Skyteam/ Expo A340-600’s. Near impossible to find them now….

Nice model, always cool to see a B767-200! :)
Thank you! And this 762 model doesn't suffer from bubbling like my Omni, what a relief!

Too many times. The ones I regret selling years ago, were the Sri Lankan A340-300 by Phoenix and the China Eastern Skyteam/ Expo A340-600’s. Near impossible to find them now….
Wow! That's true like you said. I don't think I gonna sell any of my models afterwards.

Collection induction day! This Saturday we have a Ladeco A300, N222KW, from Aeroclassics. A 2007 release that brings my fleet for the Chilean carrier to 3. Ladeco leased a pair of A300s from Carnival for a 6 month period in 1995 to fly the Buenos Aires-Santiago-Miami-New York and Montevideo-Santiago-Miami-New York route along with their own 757s. Somewhat surprising that they got the full scheme actually. Ladeco would be somewhat controversially sold to Lan Chile in October 1995 and be rebranded as LAN Express in October 2001.

LADECO_A300_02.JPG
LADECO_A300_16.JPG

4 new arrivals this morning. G-EUPX (A319 from Aeroclassics), G-EUXF (A321 from Aeroclassics) & G/XLEA & B from Gemini Jets, 2 A380’s. XLEB flew me LHR - SFO about 18 months ago, and EUXF LHR - Ljubljana in Slovenia in 2019. Takes the collection up to 228.

Attachments

• IMG_8799.png
    IMG_8799.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8798.png
    IMG_8798.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8795.png
    IMG_8795.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8948.jpeg
    IMG_8948.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Delivered today and straight into the fleet is this lovely Magic Models Egyptair 747-366M SU-GAL. Egyptair acquired a pair of new combi 747-300s in 1988 and flew them until 2004. Both were named after female Pharoahs but although this model says 'Cleopatra' on it that's a mistake as she was actually SU-GAM. GAL was named 'Hatshepshut'. Magic Models are super hard to find and often have bubbling on the wings (this one does too) but the mould is ok and they made some unusual subjects. This is only the 3rd Magic model in my collection.

EGYPTAIR_B743_08.JPG
EGYPTAIR_B743_15.JPG

Delivered today and straight into the fleet is this lovely Magic Models Egyptair 747-366M SU-GAL. Egyptair acquired a pair of new combi 747-300s in 1988 and flew them until 2004. Both were named after female Pharoahs but although this model says 'Cleopatra' on it that's a mistake as she was actually SU-GAM. GAL was named 'Hatshepshut'. Magic Models are super hard to find and often have bubbling on the wings (this one does too) but the mould is ok and they made some unusual subjects. This is only the 3rd Magic model in my collection.

View attachment 28241
View attachment 28242

When Magic got the livery reasonably well, and the paint didn't bubble up, they made some rather nice 747s. Some people don't like their shape, I think they are pretty good.

Magic indeed have some nice subjects. Too bad these models seem to suffer from badly bubbling!
The mould is not really my favorite: The front section is sometimes too round, the vertical stabilizer looks too thin (maybe also too tall?), the wingbox seamline is big. Cockpit windows are also an issue.

Other than that, they look fine. I like the smooth shape of the upper deck hump on this Egyptair 747.
Years ago I was tempted to buy a Minerve 747 by Magic but ended up letting go. Was a really cool model though, despite the wrong engine colors. They should have white nacelles instead of the polished metal look.