Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

Yes @abdulmohiuddin is correct. It is part of an old two pack by Dragon. This is one of the better Dragon 737-300s and actually looks pretty decent. I picked it up at Waffle Collectibes in a collection sale ages ago now.

View attachment 27573

Gorgeous model!
The upgraded B737-300 models by Dragon look quite decent indeed! For example: United Shuttle (white top) and two of the Frontier releases.
The biggest issue IMO are the slightly oversized engines. I have three of these models and they all served me as custom donors. I hope to grab a fourth at some point - also destined to be a custom donor.

Got this Beluga XL 4 via ebay. Was sold as "defect" for cheap so I thought I get it for the spares box.
Not sure what this poor model went through but it came with detached gears and some smudges and paint residue (??) - it however turned out that nothing was actually damaged (except a missing belly antenna) - even the gears were intact.
After some cleaning I decided to display it alongside its sister #5 - but this one "in flight".
gxlj by Alexander Kern, auf Flickr

Last edited:
First models of 2024 are in, courtesy of the AACF! Some classic DXB traffic including AC Transaero 747-200B, AC Syrianair A320, JC Saudia MD-90, and PH Oman Air A330-300. The Syrianair especially is a real gem as I've been looking for one for ages, definitely a holy grail of mine!20240218_161935.jpg

Last edited:
My catch from the Amsterdam Aviation Collectors Fair last Sunday:

These days I try to debate with myself why I should buy a certain model. If I find a good excuse, I buy it. Here are the models with their excuses:

Continental DC-10-30: Flew on one back in the day (Paris - Houston) and I have been trying to find one for some years now. All of a sudden, it was there in a box with other models on the floor under the table and with a good price.
Continental DC-10-30 N12061_1.JPG

Lufthansa DC-10-30: Next to the Continental was this DC-10. Who can say no to an old Lufthansa DC-10, I can’t.
Lufthansa DC-10-30 D-ADHO_2.JPG

United A320: I’m missing a model in the United Friendship livery so now I think I got United models in all major liveries.
United Airlines A320-232 N475UA_1.JPG

Trans International L-188CF: Sold all my L-188’s last year and I should have kept at least one. Found this one that I sold last year and now it was only 10€. Bargain.
Trans International L-188CF N861U WA_2.JPG

TAAG B777-2M2: I have seen TAAG B777’s so many times passing Guangzhou Airport and I have always liked their livery. Had to get one, even if this was a test livery.
TAAG B777-2M2 D2-TED_2.JPG

Alitalia DC-9-32: Since I already have a lovely Alitalia Caravelle on display, I thought this DC-9 could sit well next to the Caravelle in my cabinet. And yes it does.
Alitalia DC-9-32 I-DIKA_7.JPG

Steinar

My catch from the Amsterdam Aviation Collectors Fair last Sunday:

These days I try to debate with myself why I should buy a certain model. If I find a good excuse, I buy it. Here are the models with their excuses:

Continental DC-10-30: Flew on one back in the day (Paris - Houston) and I have been trying to find one for some years now. All of a sudden, it was there in a box with other models on the floor under the table and with a good price.
View attachment 27646

Lufthansa DC-10-30: Next to the Continental was this DC-10. Who can say no to an old Lufthansa DC-10, I can’t.
View attachment 27647

United A320: I’m missing a model in the United Friendship livery so now I think I got United models in all major liveries.
View attachment 27648

Trans International L-188CF: Sold all my L-188’s last year and I should have kept at least one. Found this one that I sold last year and now it was only 10€. Bargain.
View attachment 27649

TAAG B777-2M2: I have seen TAAG B777’s so many times passing Guangzhou Airport and I have always liked their livery. Had to get one, even if this was a test livery.
View attachment 27650

Alitalia DC-9-32: Since I already have a lovely Alitalia Caravelle on display, I thought this DC-9 could sit well next to the Caravelle in my cabinet. And yes it does.
View attachment 27651

Steinar

Good catches Steinar. I have that Lufthansa DC-10 by Dragon, but the chrome/plated belly version. Exquisite model!

I would not have thought the United A320 retro was old enough to have been made by Dragon.

Continental had not flown to Paris out of IAH for some years now...

Good catches Steinar. I have that Lufthansa DC-10 by Dragon, but the chrome/plated belly version. Exquisite model!

I would not have thought the United A320 retro was old enough to have been made by Dragon.

Continental had not flown to Paris out of IAH for some years now...
Thanks! The United A320 is a GJ release from 2011. I realized after buying it, this is a retro version (not the original Friendship) but anyway it looks OK. Yes, the Continental Paris - Houston flight was in early 90's and it has the red logo on the tail which is correct for that time period.

Steinar

Finally brought out the camera to take photos of my newest acquisition; Aeroclassics Delta 737-200 N317DL. Final one I needed out of the six 732s they released back to back. Nothing to complain as it came perfect!

DSC07436.jpgDSC07438.jpgDSC07441.jpgDSC07442.jpg

*I'm having a slight issue focusing fully on the aircraft as I've never really done much with model plane photography, if anyone has any advice to throw my way that would be appreciated!!*

Had a great day at the Manchester Aviation Fair yesterday. Great to meet everyone and for the first time ever I managed to spend less than I sold. I still bought a bucketload though including some awesome avhistory books covering EL AL, Dan Air, Air Europe and Cambrian. Obviously 400 scale models were important and I came back with 11 new additions. 5 of them are new. The Jet-X VC10 and FedEx DC10 were just a tenner each and so was the CO 727 (just needs new tyres on the nosegear).

DSC05205.JPG

latest new arrival.
View attachment 27786

plus one more pic took at the SG airshow.
the background: Boeing didn't bring any commercial jet to SG airshow this year, back in 2022 they brought the 777X. so I took the liberty to bring back the 777X to the SG airshow, just in a smaller scale haha
View attachment 27787
Is that SQ 772 from JC?

The SG airshow's lack of commercial jets is weird. SQ has a bunch of A350s laying around doing nothing, couldn't they have spared one?

Last edited:
Finally brought out the camera to take photos of my newest acquisition; Aeroclassics Delta 737-200 N317DL. Final one I needed out of the six 732s they released back to back. Nothing to complain as it came perfect!

View attachment 27755View attachment 27756View attachment 27757View attachment 27758

*I'm having a slight issue focusing fully on the aircraft as I've never really done much with model plane photography, if anyone has any advice to throw my way that would be appreciated!!*
Nice acquisition and photos! I don't have much experience with model photography (nor any proper photography at all) but I'm guessing you would want to increase thing that says something like "f. stop" in your settings if you want to fully focus on the plane.