Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

British Airways Concorde in Landor Livery, unfortunately as all my models are packed away I couldn’t get the Landor fleet together
Nice one! I did get the Landor fleet out when I got mine, but felt uneasy handling all of those models, many of which are favorites and difficult to replace. I have since also gotten the Herpa version, but no reception ceremony for that one.

1703744472599.jpeg

Even the PH looks better than this abomination 🙄.
GJs really mocking the collector now
The NG one's still available everywhere - that's the one to go for

@Atlspotter said he went to a model shop. Maybe said model shop didn’t carry NG?

Slightly different scenario, but I have paid more for a model in a physical store, than what it would have cost me online just to experience the joy of going to the model shop, something that keeps getting harder to do in the U.S.

@Atlspotter said he went to a model shop. Maybe said model shop didn’t carry NG?

Slightly different scenario, but I have paid more for a model in a physical store, than what it would have cost me online just to experience the joy of going to the model shop, something that keeps getting harder to do in the U.S
Same, in the past, and even fallen for 1:200s that I don't otherwise collect.
I have no access to physical stores any longer - so do enjoy the privilege and joy of stepping into one whenever and wherever you can.

Between the last major unboxing and today, I got these 3 new arrivals and these shall conclude my 2023. In chronological order:
- 2 days after the big arrival came this stunning Capital Airlines A321-231WL B-8187 by HYJL. This is one of the brand’s early releases and has the potential of developing bubbles. Frankly, it was advertised as defected with bubbles but from the pics I saw it was problem free. Hence a new airline into my collection. I planned to get this model later from Aviation Megastore. This is my first model packed inside a wooden box (I had NG & HYJL tin boxes before). 25-ish USD is such a good deal especially I got it from its native market, whose buying competition is stiff.
IMG_0070.jpeg
Yesterday came a model I got from ACDirect’s Black Friday sale. My shipping warehouse changed the address thus USPS had to return the package to ACDirect and then reship, making it 8USD more expensive for a good BF deal. Introducing Vietnam Airlines B767-200 VH-RMA by Aeroclassics. I would share some family photos of AC VN 767s later, with the trio 763 made 20 years ago iirc (in 2003). I knew I had to get this model when it was release but my patience paid off (sort off i guess).
IMG_0329.jpeg
Finally, just this morning, a model barely known to the Western collectors (Richard should know this since I told him previously) because it is available majorly in China (a new Vietnamese shop has it too). Air China B747-89L B-2487 by YY Wings. They also made B-2479 which is China’s equivalent to US Air Force One (and I don’t collect Govt aircraft aside from those Rossiya 96s). For the total price I paid (some few cents less than 27USD) it shall be the best deal for a new model this year. Mould-wise: it closely resembles GJ/JC ones with a minor difference: the landing gear struts are made out of plastic and not metal, which makes them prone to damage from shipping. When I received the model, I was a bit rude by shaking the box gently to hear the sound and nothing was heard - a relief. It also comes with a stand which truly helps me a lot since I ran out of space and stands already. This model also completes my B748 pax operators (along with KE and LH).
IMG_0318.jpeg
Which model would you like me to deep-dive on?

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one who does this 🤣🤣🤣
Lol I don’t do that often actually, only to the models with high probability of broken only. Last year I bought a CX B744 from BB400 (u might wanna check the whole story in my post here. Long story short: model was advertised with probability of breaking horizontal stab but I kept on buying, when I got home one of it was broken during the shipping. The model itself is a victim of zinc rot.

just went to pick up the last model of year 2023, a 77W from Qatar with F1 livery.
nice details however it looks like the front is lower that the fuselage is nodding down little.
1703931701124.png

and my current Qatar fleet of 3 from 3 brands (you can see clearly the color variations on the grey part)
1703931754123.png

...... nice details however it looks like the front is lower that the fuselage is nodding down little.
View attachment 25921
so the 777s, do have a nose down / tail up posture - though subtle and not as pronounced as with the Airbuses. The shorter 777s show them off more prominently, but they're evident on the 773s as well.
Though admittedly, the Av400 mould is a bit exaggerated for a 77W
IMO NG's captures that subtle detail very well.

Love your Beijing/Daxing (?) backdrop!