Show Your Latest 1:400 Purchase

The last of my spending spree for a little while, had to catch up on some recent GJ releases. Another decent 739 from GJ, don’t see much different from other releases, especially from its “reg neighbor” N855DN. Nonetheless the better side of GJ’s 737 family of moulds.

IMG_1527.jpegIMG_1528.jpegIMG_1529.jpegIMG_1530.jpeg

Got this NG Atlantic International Tristar as a replacement for the one I got earlier (which had paint damage and broken antenna). This time the antenna on top is missing and again (minor) paint issues. Is this bad luck or just average NG quality control?

IMG_20231104_110806.jpg
IMG_20231104_112136.jpg

So for the past week and a half, I received six models in total. Four of them (Garuda & Malaysian) are from NG's last reward program, and two (Scoot & Tigerair) are ordered. All of them are fantastic, and I haven't found any issues.

20231104_094420.jpg20231104_094706.jpg
Garuda Indonesia "Ayo Pakai Masker" livery
(PK-GHC)
A330-300
  • Limited Edition
  • Part of NG's Reward Program
Garuda Indonesia "Wonderful Indonesia" sticker
(PK-GPU)
A330-300
  • Limited Edition
  • I somehow got 2 Exclusive cards in this one

20231104_095108.jpg20231104_094930.jpg
Malaysia Airlines "Negaraku" "Oneworld" livery
(9M-MTE)
A330-300
Malaysia Airlines "Negaraku" livery
(9M-MTJ)
A330-300

20231104_095301.jpg20231104_095446.jpg
Tigerair
(9V-TRB)
A319
Scoot "Tigerair" colours
(9V-TRA)
A319

Got this NG Atlantic International Tristar as a replacement for the one I got earlier (which had paint damage and broken antenna). This time the antenna on top is missing and again (minor) paint issues. Is this bad luck or just average NG quality control?

View attachment 23763
View attachment 23764
Most likely the retailer in which you got the replacement from has quite a few broken ones which isn’t too good on NGs part, try sending NG a DM and see if they are willing to send you a replacement, they usually try to make things right so see what they can do.

Most likely the retailer in which you got the replacement from has quite a few broken ones which isn’t too good on NGs part, try sending NG a DM and see if they are willing to send you a replacement, they usually try to make things right so see what they can do.
NG probably got flooded with people sending them stuff after the "Year of the classics" announcement though.

Super excited to get the Gemini Jets Delta Connection E-175! Obviously this model has been highly requested in the community and it's so satisfying to finally have it made. Although the nose gear could be raised ever so slightly, Gemini did an outstanding job on this one! I'm impressed at the amount of detail on a model as tiny as this, especially on the belly :D

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg
IMG_5995.jpg
IMG_5989.jpg

Super excited to get the Gemini Jets Delta Connection E-175! Obviously this model has been highly requested in the community and it's so satisfying to finally have it made. Although the nose gear could be raised ever so slightly, Gemini did an outstanding job on this one! I'm impressed at the amount of detail on a model as tiny as this, especially on the belly :D

View attachment 23788

View attachment 23789
View attachment 23790
View attachment 23791
A lot of people are excited about this, and I'm glad you guys got something you wanted. I have a GJ200 Delta Connection E-170 with a reg. that I actually flew as a copilot, but not something that really fits in my 1:400 collection. I saw one at the Houston show today, nice model, odd that it doesn't have antennas.

First batch of some of the nice recent releases that have caught my eye, plus a couple from a collection sale. All from the Houston Airline Collectibles show 2023.

I knew the GJ Cubana An-26 was likely going to be arriving at retailers around the date of the show, so I purposely waited to get it there, but it almost backfired as the Texan Airplane Store only ordered enough to fulfill pre-orders and no extras. Luckily Ming Lee from LA-Center.com (another regular at the Houston show) had one 😅

DSC_2816.jpg

From the Texan Airplane Shop collection:

DSC_2836.jpg
DSC_2825.jpg

And another recent GJ from LA-Center:
DSC_2838.jpg

Also got some 1:600 and a 1:72 at the show. No bargains or treasures, only fair-priced items that are widely available online, but it is always just nice to buy models straight from another human being. You know? I give you money, you give me airplane, and we have a nice chat, like in the old days...

My 2 Delta E175s have finally arrived at my collection! I am so happy to finally receive them, and I cannot Thank GeminiJets enough for finally doing this model in 1:400 Scale. It has been a model I requested since I began model plane collecting! My Delta Fleet wouldn't be complete without this aircraft!

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 4.43.08 PM.png
IMG_5994.jpeg

A very very early birthday gift for me (my birthday is 2 days before Xmas) just came in. Luckily all came intact this time (Yayyyyyy). I would like to introduce the 3 newcomers and all are NG recent releases:
- Closest to our frame is Virgin Australia B737Max8 VH-8IA Monkey Mia - the airline's first MAX, which is seen on the daily journey between Cairns and Haneda.
20231106_183820_HDR.jpg

To the other side, we have an airline which is repeatedly released and brought lots of discomfort for collectors - ZIPAir B787-8 JA850J - my first NG 788 and I am really pleased how it turns out. For my collecting criteria, I try to get a diverse array of airlines. Currently, only ANA, JAL and ZIPAir serve the Japanese passenger market, whereas NCA does cargo flights. Hopefully in the near future I can have more airlines. I particularly like Peach but the currently-available models of the airline aren't really good and I look forward to NG's rendition. I also like Jetstar Japan but that has the same livery as JQ that I got from Singapore.

20231106_183835_HDR.jpg

Saving the best for the last - one of the most colorful tail design - BoA A330-200 CP-3209. I just adore the scheme. Nonetheless NG actually screwed up the window lines, which is a tad higher than my liking!
20231106_183854_HDR.jpg

My 2 Delta E175s have finally arrived at my collection! I am so happy to finally receive them, and I cannot Thank GeminiJets enough for finally doing this model in 1:400 Scale. It has been a model I requested since I began model plane collecting! My Delta Fleet wouldn't be complete without this aircraft!

View attachment 23822
View attachment 23817
Super happy they are out too, gotta thank JJ, Citrus and others for keeping Gemini in check to making this!

Just arrived in the mail.
20231106_140758.jpg

I'm happy that GJ has made this model, but there is one issue that someone pointed it out. The left side. It is slightly upward towards the rear of the aircraft.

But I'm happy about the wingflex (comparing to the United 175 to the left)
20231106_140815.jpg

But all in all, great to have this to the collection.

Last edited:
Well, it seems like everyone is getting the Delta E175, and I’m no exception. GJ definitely put in the effort in this release, they knew it was highly anticipated, and they delivered! Here’s mine. Overall, one of, if not the best, GJ model this year. They got almost everything right, my only issue is instead of the characteristic nose-up attitude of the E-jets, this one has a slight nose down. Definitely a top model here!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here are my 2 recent arrivals: the long awaited Saudia Tristar by NG and the colorful Seychelles 767 by PhView attachment 23807View attachment 23806

These two are so beautiful. The Air Seychelles livery looks stunning and suits the 767 so well!

A very very early birthday gift for me (my birthday is 2 days before Xmas) just came in. Luckily all came intact this time (Yayyyyyy). I would like to introduce the 3 newcomers and all are NG recent releases:
- Closest to our frame is Virgin Australia B737Max8 VH-8IA Monkey Mia - the airline's first MAX, which is seen on the daily journey between Cairns and Haneda.
View attachment 23839

To the other side, we have an airline which is repeatedly released and brought lots of discomfort for collectors - ZIPAir B787-8 JA850J - my first NG 788 and I am really pleased how it turns out. For my collecting criteria, I try to get a diverse array of airlines. Currently, only ANA, JAL and ZIPAir serve the Japanese passenger market, whereas NCA does cargo flights. Hopefully in the near future I can have more airlines. I particularly like Peach but the currently-available models of the airline aren't really good and I look forward to NG's rendition. I also like Jetstar Japan but that has the same livery as JQ that I got from Singapore.

View attachment 23840

Saving the best for the last - one of the most colorful tail design - BoA A330-200 CP-3209. I just adore the scheme. Nonetheless NG actually screwed up the window lines, which is a tad higher than my liking!
View attachment 23841

Some nice birds here too! The BoA was a very cool release by NG and always good to see Latin Amerian carriers.

Some nice birds here too! The BoA was a very cool release by NG and always good to see Latin Amerian carriers.
Thanks Leo! Hopefully in the near future I can get more colorful liveries! Looking forward to more active South American widebodies - especially AR A332!

My wallet yells for mercy just minutes after my salaries arrived at my account:ROFLMAO: - New models from NG and Phoenix has arrived alongside an old Phoenix Mad dog. (Acually my local retailer urged me to quickly pick up them - or else they'll sold them to other customers😨)
20231108_191037.jpg
Phoenix Far Eastern Air Transport(FAT) MD-83 B-28025
The model looks is slightly odd with the fuselage seems to be slightly nose up, but as a stop-gap on an airline that seldom gets release it gets the job done.😐
20231108_185951.jpg
Phoenix Lufthansa A340-200 D-AIBE "Stuttgart"
Not too convinced on the grey, but the font and the crane at least looks slightly more natural than the A346 sister in the same livery released by PH not long ago...🤐
20231108_190240.jpg
Phoenix Virgin Atlantic A340-600 G-VWEB "Surfer Girl"
The red and aubergine colors, as well as the small elements on the plane (Varga Girl, Aircraft name titles etc.) looks great, but the lack of that pearlescent paint across the fuselage make her rather dull and lacks that shiny texture that screams VS...🫠 Typical Phoenix decison though...🫠🫠
20231108_190431.jpg
NG Models American Airlines N759AN "Pink Ribbon" c/s
With the JC version so hard to find here in Hong Kong, this NG version will do the trick for me.
20231108_190911.jpg
NG Models British Airways G-YMML "Great Festival of creativity" c/s
Same reason as the AA Pink Ribbon 77E - just that this time it's PH who make the other one on the market.
20231108_190713.jpg
Actually a few JC Wings has already arrived at another retailer - it's just that I ran out of time today to pick them up😖😖

My wallet yells for mercy just minutes after my salaries arrived at my account:ROFLMAO: - New models from NG and Phoenix has arrived alongside an old Phoenix Mad dog. (Acually my local retailer urged me to quickly pick up them - or else they'll sold them to other customers😨)
View attachment 23880
Phoenix Far Eastern Air Transport(FAT) MD-83 B-28025
The model looks is slightly odd with the fuselage seems to be slightly nose up, but as a stop-gap on an airline that seldom gets release it gets the job done.😐
View attachment 23881
Phoenix Lufthansa A340-200 D-AIBE "Stuttgart"
Not too convinced on the grey, but the font and the crane at least looks slightly more natural than the A346 sister in the same livery released by PH not long ago...🤐
View attachment 23882
Phoenix Virgin Atlantic A340-600 G-VWEB "Surfer Girl"
The red and aubergine colors, as well as the small elements on the plane (Varga Girl, Aircraft name titles etc.) looks great, but the lack of that pearlescent paint across the fuselage make her rather dull and lacks that shiny texture that screams VS...🫠 Typical Phoenix decison though...🫠🫠
View attachment 23883
NG Models American Airlines N759AN "Pink Ribbon" c/s
With the JC version so hard to find here in Hong Kong, this NG version will do the trick for me.
View attachment 23884
NG Models British Airways G-YMML "Great Festival of creativity" c/s
Same reason as the AA Pink Ribbon 77E - just that this time it's PH who make the other one on the market.
View attachment 23885
Actually a few JC Wings has already arrived at another retailer - it's just that I ran out of time today to pick them up😖😖

I like the FAT MD-83! The cockpit windows could have a better position and the nose gear could be shorter... On the other hand, the nose gear position looks correct to me - muuuuch better than these recent Gemini releases.