Show Your GSE

Citrus Aviation

GSE (Ground Support Equipment) is an essential part of any commercial airport's success and making your model airport look more realistic.

I personally use a combination of Gemini Jets, Fantasy Wings, Paracel GSE customs, and some plain belt loaders. I have some samples of how I use them down below of course all shown in correct placement per the IATA GOM.

What do you use for your model airport GSE?

Attachments

• IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2540.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2541.JPG
    IMG_2541.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2542.JPG
    IMG_2542.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2543.JPG
    IMG_2543.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
I’ll look into GSE once I graduate and get to where I’m going so I can actually set up a decent sized airport. Right now I just don’t have the room for it in my tiny dorm room

Here's my current amount of GSE.
These are (almost) all 3D printed, and will be used in my upcoming diorama.
They still need to be painted... which is something i'm really looking forward to do! 😃

I currently have: Narrowbody aircraft stairs, conveyor belt loaders, buses, fuel trucks (both semi trucks and conventional trucks), tractors, baggage carts, Volkswagen Kombi vans, pushback tugs and cargo box trucks. All based on 1980/1990 era GSE from Brazilian airports.

These were all printed by a friend of mine. Most of the model files were found on the internet (3D Warehouse website mainly). Some needed adjustments.

I still have more to come: catering trucks, stair trucks (for widebodies) and more cargo loaders are already in the pipeline.
I also have a few general aviation aircraft printed in 1:400: Cessna Citation, Skyhawk, King Air B200.

Here's a full overview. Sorry about the image quality. These were taken in a hurry.

IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

These below are Herpa 1:500 GSE, which I decided to keep. I used to collect 1:500 and had a diorama... I have sold off all my 1:500 GSE except these!
I believe they can still be useful even for 1:400 models. They don't look awkward when next to 1:400 models. The cargo loaders are actually a bit oversized for 1:500, so they simply work great for 1:400!

IMG_7368.jpg

Here's the GSE next to some 1:400 aircraft:

IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7370.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

I have a cargo set of JC and from fantasy wings, esso fuel truck and.... Fantasy wings cobus, but i must say that i also have some paper GSE founded in internet and some created by me. And sometimes are the best because are European truck or cars ..
I have created also a crane based on a Tatra truck

They still need to be painted... which is something i'm really looking forward to do! 😃

I currently have: Narrowbody aircraft stairs, conveyor belt loaders, buses, fuel trucks (both semi trucks and conventional trucks), tractors, baggage carts, Volkswagen Kombi vans, pushback tugs and cargo box trucks. All based on 1980/1990 era GSE from Brazilian airports.

These were all printed by a friend of mine. Most of the model files were found on the internet (3D Warehouse website mainly). Some needed adjustments.

I still have more to come: catering trucks, stair trucks (for widebodies) and more cargo loaders are already in the pipeline.
I also have a few general aviation aircraft printed in 1:400: Cessna Citation, Skyhawk, King Air B200.

Here's a full overview. Sorry about the image quality. These were taken in a hurry.

View attachment 15127

View attachment 15128

View attachment 15129

These below are Herpa 1:500 GSE, which I decided to keep. I used to collect 1:500 and had a diorama... I have sold off all my 1:500 GSE except these!
I believe they can still be useful even for 1:400 models. They don't look awkward when next to 1:400 models. The cargo loaders are actually a bit oversized for 1:500, so they simply work great for 1:400!

View attachment 15130

View attachment 15131

View attachment 15132

View attachment 15133
That's a nice collection of GSE you are putting together and matching the era pretty well! NGL, most airports still use GSE from this square body era and even build them the same way too. These designs date back to the 1960s and manufactures like TUG still build the exact same equipment 60 years later. I remember when on the ramp most of the equipment had build dates from well before I was born including a cabbed tug with over 300,000 hours on it built in 1978.

The only real major changes are the more powerful and efficient pushbacks used now (two of our only three new pieces of equipment with 2016 and 2019 build dates and still a warranty) and deice trucks (our other new piece of equipment) which have seen massive leaps in being a lot safer to use and with new nose designs that allow for much more precise and accurate application of fluids. There have been experiments with electric GSE, but their lack towing capacity and poor winter operating characteristics is why they have not been widely adopted.

I recently bought these new GSE from a guy Avion Mo (from China). I think I posted this elsewhere on this forum. These are fabulous quality and the best I've seen so far. In third photo, it is only the busses that are not from him.
View attachment 15150View attachment 15151View attachment 15152
WOW, these look increasable! Those Volvo FL Series deice trucks and stair trucks really do catch my eye. Could you drop a link to where these can be bought from?

That's a nice collection of GSE you are putting together and matching the era pretty well! NGL, most airports still use GSE from this square body era and even build them the same way too. These designs date back to the 1960s and manufactures like TUG still build the exact same equipment 60 years later. I remember when on the ramp most of the equipment had build dates from well before I was born including a cabbed tug with over 300,000 hours on it built in 1978.

Exactly!
Sadly the model manufacturers are always creating modern era GSE.

Here in Brazil, there are some Ford F11000 stair trucks and catering trucks which date back to the late 1970s, and still are being used.

Last edited:
Oh boy! @LeoMuse747 and @Steinar on the first page, off to a good start!

View attachment 15127

View attachment 15128

View attachment 15129

View attachment 15130

View attachment 15131

View attachment 15132

View attachment 15133

Leo, as you know I only recently found out how advanced you were with 1:500 dioramas! It all makes sense though, I did not know about you up until the Facebook groups, but I could clearly smell that you were very well-versed in the hobby. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in the works in 1:400. I'm also working on a new diorama, but right now I'm in custom limbo, need to find a way to pull out, to get back into the diorama black hole :ROFLMAO:. I use GJ GSE, but I know I will need to resort to 3D printing for some items at some point. (i.e. non-motorized stairs). I will also need 1:400 GA/fighters at some point.

I recently bought these new GSE from a guy Avion Mo (from China). I think I posted this elsewhere on this forum. These are fabulous quality and the best I've seen so far. In third photo, it is only the busses that are not from him.
View attachment 15150View attachment 15151View attachment 15152

I saw your Facebook posts showcasing your GSE recently. Top-notch stuff!

Oh boy! @LeoMuse747 and @Steinar on the first page, off to a good start!

Leo, as you know I only recently found out how advanced you were with 1:500 dioramas! It all makes sense though, I did not know about you up until the Facebook groups, but I could clearly smell that you were very well-versed in the hobby. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in the works in 1:400. I'm also working on a new diorama, but right now I'm in custom limbo, need to find a way to pull out, to get back into the diorama black hole :ROFLMAO:. I use GJ GSE, but I know I will need to resort to 3D printing for some items at some point. (i.e. non-motorized stairs). I will also need 1:400 GA/fighters at some point.

Thank you, Jorge!
I hope to finish my diorama by the second half of this year... hopefully!
I'm currently focusing in gathering all the GSE I need, and also the custom models (which are quite expensive and take some time).

Fortunately, most of the key models of Brazilian aviation in the 1980s and 1990s are already with me. I still need to fill some gaps, but so far so good.

Hope to see you back into dioramas soon! Your Caracas diorama was very cool, i've seen the pics in your website :D

Thank you, Jorge!
I hope to finish my diorama by the second half of this year... hopefully!
I'm currently focusing in gathering all the GSE I need, and also the custom models (which are quite expensive and take some time).

Fortunately, most of the key models of Brazilian aviation in the 1980s and 1990s are already with me. I still need to fill some gaps, but so far so good.

Hope to see you back into dioramas soon! Your Caracas diorama was very cool, i've seen the pics in your website :D

Thanks Leo, I liked that diorama, it was small and rudimentary, but focused on replicating the real building accuratedly and a lot of people picked up on that.

I actually have built the full 7 gate international terminal, but I’m hung up on a lot of the final details. Also the CCS light poles are difficult to replicate since they were so high. I also would like them to light up, so, yeah… it’s going to be a good while.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 22
Is there anywhere where I can find 1:400 scale passenger vehicles? I know that they do exist, but who or where would be selling such? Long-term I do want to make a much larger diorama that would include an area for parking for passenger cars and having some would be fantastic.

EDIT: my airport is getting a new parking garage in a year or two, so whenever I would have the time I’d love to recreate it in 400 scale

Is there anywhere where I can find 1:400 scale passenger vehicles? I know that they do exist, but who or where would be selling such? Long-term I do want to make a much larger diorama that would include an area for parking for passenger cars and having some would be fantastic.

EDIT: my airport is getting a new parking garage in a year or two, so whenever I would have the time I’d love to recreate it in 400 scale

I've found this... might be what you're looking for!