Savage Capitalism: AVENSA 1985-1994

YesterAirlines

The biggest change in my collection since I returned to the Uk has undoubtedly been the selection of wonderful custom models that have joined it. I try to do them justice and like ot feature them in the blog. I'd written about AVENSA previously but when @Jazajia gifted me one of his delightful 737-300s at the AMS show I knew I needed to delve deeper. I was helped by an interesting article I discovered so here is more about one of Venezuela's interesting airlines:

AVENSA_B733_YV-99C_09.JPG

@Jazajia Awesome custom!
The biggest change in my collection since I returned to the Uk has undoubtedly been the selection of wonderful custom models that have joined it. I try to do them justice and like ot feature them in the blog. I'd written about AVENSA previously but when @Jazajia gifted me one of his delightful 737-300s at the AMS show I knew I needed to delve deeper. I was helped by an interesting article I discovered so here is more about one of Venezuela's interesting airlines:

View attachment 23305
There are so many great looking airlines from Venezuela. Unfortunately very few have been made in any scale.

Another great great read (both part 1 and part 2) and the custom model of @Jazajia is stunning! Sad to see the demise of this nice airline, and basically the whole situation of Venezuelan aviation.

Richard, It is a true honor to see one of my customs featured on your site. But you said it was a gift? I thought you paid for it when you picked up the extensive bar tab that night 😂 Good times...

That was an excellent article that accurately summarizes what went on with Venezuela and its airline industry during that time, amazing! Most Venezuelans don't understand what Servivensa was all about, but you nailed it. As ugly as things were behind the scenes, from the avgeek side of things it was a treat to have Servivensa's beautiful livery around. I also remember that Avensa/Servivensa employees' work actions were rampant during those days causing lengthy operational slowdowns, which for me meant more time at CCS staring out the window watching the varied traffic the airport used to get during those years 👍.

@Jazajia Awesome custom!

There are so many great looking airlines from Venezuela. Unfortunately very few have been made in any scale.

And that is why I am into customs. Saludos Comandante!

Another great great read (both part 1 and part 2) and the custom model of @Jazajia is stunning! Sad to see the demise of this nice airline, and basically the whole situation of Venezuelan aviation.

The whole situation of Venezuela as a country...