Qantas 'Pride is in the Air' Livery

OscarBravo992

Qantas has recently painted one of their 18 A330-200s into a new 'Pride is in the Air' livery. I applaud Qantas for supporting the LGBTQ+ community and hope this means more colourful liveries in the future. This new livery differs from the previous one in the colouring of the 'Qantas' titles and is missing the rainbow flag on its tail. I hope that we will see some 1:400 models of this aircraft, and from what happened with the other livery I expect PH will be first, and then NG and JC/GJ will follow suit.

Victor-Pody-shot-this-Qantas-A330-VH-EBL-with-special-Pride-Is-In-The-Air-livery.jpg

Your thoughts?

I have the Aeroclassics version of VH-QPJ when it was painted in Rainbow Roo colors. I welcome this one to be released in 1:400. This one is on my model wishlist.

I have the Aeroclassics version of VH-QPJ when it was painted in Rainbow Roo colors. I welcome this one to be released in 1:400. This one is on my model wishlist.
I had the PH version but returned it when I discovered an ugly paint defect on the wing join. I flew on QPJ when it wore the ‘Rainbow Roo’ colours, so the AC or JC versions are on my wanted list. I also flew on EBL just before it was taken out of service to be repainted… If only my flight was a day or two later!

Definitely excited for models of this to be made. I like the livery (since of course Qantas is supporting the LGBTQ+ community) since it's similar to Alaska's Fly With Pride livery because they fade the colors together nicely in the titles (for Alaska the fade was in the Fly With Pride title and not the name title)

JC Wing is making SA4023 Qantas Airbus A330-200 VH-EBL "Pride is in the air" and this one XX4429 Thomas Cook Airbus A321 G-TCDE will have the pride Heart on it.