Props Down Under - A 1:400 Retro Australian Propeller Wishlist

OscarBravo992

Hi All! I have always thought that retro Australian propellor aircraft are pretty under-represented in this scale, especially the smaller, more remote airlines, so I decided to put together a list of models I would like to see made!

MacRobertson Miller Airlines (MMA) Vickers Viscount Type 720 VH-RMQ

1668721481480.png

This particular aircraft holds a very important place in my heart. This aircraft was involved in a hull-loss incident on the 31st of December, 1968, whilst operating MMA flight 1750. My great-grandfather, Brian Bayley, was the captain of this flight and perished in the accident. There has never been an MMA aircraft made in 1:400, and I would love for this aircraft to be made so I could have a memorial to him.

Trans Australian Airlines (TAA) Convair CV-240 VH-TAO

1668722567445.png

To be honest, I am suprised a 1:400 CV-240 has not been made in the TAA colours. I love this aircraft, and I really think it wears the TAA colours well!

Trans Australian Airlines (TAA) Fokker F-27-600 Friendship VH-TQO 1980's Colours

1668722844987.png

We have had a TAA F-27 in the 1970s colours, but not in the later 1980s livery. It is a very attractive scheme that I would love to add to my collection!

Please feel free to add Australian aircraft you would love to see made below!

The Ansett-ANA Viscount would look spectacular. likewise the others on this thread. As a matter of interest it should be pointed out that the MMA Viscount VH-RMQ broke up on descent into Port Hedland. There was nothing the crew could do to save the aeroplane

The Ansett-ANA Viscount would look spectacular. likewise the others on this thread. As a matter of interest it should be pointed out that the MMA Viscount VH-RMQ broke up on descent into Port Hedland. There was nothing the crew could do to save the aeroplane
Yeah. I believe it was a structural failure of the wing spar caused by improper maintenance. My great-grandfather was the captain. He wasn't supposed to fly the flight, however, the pilot who was supposed to fly was sick and my great-grandfather took the flight for him.

Yeah. I believe it was a structural failure of the wing spar caused by improper maintenance. My great-grandfather was the captain. He wasn't supposed to fly the flight, however, the pilot who was supposed to fly was sick and my great-grandfather took the flight for him.
That's tragic and very personal to you and your family. But I would love a Viscount in the MMA livery like the one above.

There was also VH-RMO which could be done rather than the ill-fated 'RMQ.0286957.jpg

It was previously in service with and delivered to Butler Air Transport as VH-BAT. That would be nice too.Butler Viscount.jpg