Phoenix quality control

DiamondCollector

My last 3 Phoenix models all 777, have all had quality control issues, broken wifi box and antennas to detached vertical stabilizers. Mabye just my luck but let me know if your having the same problem.

I take out again this topic, honestly I have also Finder in my phoenix models some imperfection...
But if buyers at the right price... I can accept :D

I would like to ask what do you think about the a321 CEO mould? Because i would like to buy the Aegean, but the mould it's not inspiring me so much... Or well the part under the wings it's not looking so much good... Maybe someone have the a321 mould and can say to me something more

I take out again this topic, honestly I have also Finder in my phoenix models some imperfection...
But if buyers at the right price... I can accept :D

I would like to ask what do you think about the a321 CEO mould? Because i would like to buy the Aegean, but the mould it's not inspiring me so much... Or well the part under the wings it's not looking so much good... Maybe someone have the a321 mould and can say to me something more
894FF8A0-AFF6-4554-B200-B4E75B9F0483.png

I know but no one have done the Aegean on the old scheme color, for this i have asked of it's really so bad the phoenix

Phoenix traditionally had a small presence in my collection, but I have been adding a lot of their models lately. Purely from a quality control point of view, I have had no issues.

Phoenix traditionally had a small presence in my collection, but I have been adding a lot of their models lately. Purely from a quality control point of view, I have had no issues.
Same here. I buy most of my models in person and check all of them before paying. Of the models I've bought, only 1 was damaged in the box (Which is less than the number of broken NGs I've found!). I honestly think Phoenix has an undeserved bad reputation, and I think a lot of it is because of their bad moulds, not their QC.

I know but no one have done the Aegean on the old scheme color, for this i have asked of it's really so bad the phoenix
The Phoenix A321 shares most of the characteristics of their A320 so you can use this detailed review as a basis:

In addition though all Phoenix A321s have the wrong wing on them as Phoenix never bothered to make a proper A321 wing, which is super lazy.

That is correct. Phoenix also have the 2nd weakest printing detail of all the major brands. Until recently they didn't even bother printing maingear doors on their models.

I have an Iberia A330 from 2013 and yes, doesn't have main landing gear doors, didn't notice until now. It does have a nose cone though (prioritizing over details that don't require flipping the model over to be seen maybe?) Also, to me, the overall artwork looks as good, if not slightly better, than a GJ A340 from 2017 with the same livery.

My first Phoenix model, and the only one for the longest time, is the Aeropostal 727-200, an amazing model by all accounts, taking into account that it was made in 2004:

6cc367_b85b4c8ff4e74529899ee7cacb7cb491~mv2.jpg

They did some very nice underbelly printing with their recent Atlas/Apex Logistics 748.

6cc367_dc042feb62884085903bb61005d60a26~mv2.jpg

The only issue that I have had with them recently, is with the United 772 N777UA battleship grey c/s. The cockpit windows are a tad low, still ahead of what the two other old-school brands have been consistently doing with their cockpit windows. The overall look of the model is neat though.

6cc367_ae92a37ead3f4256a4ce8ac6b3c02930~mv2.jpg

Going back to the main topic, no QC issues so far.

The Phoenix A321 shares most of the characteristics of their A320 so you can use this detailed review as a basis:

In addition though all Phoenix A321s have the wrong wing on them as Phoenix never bothered to make a proper A321 wing, which is super lazy.
Thank you Richard as always, unluckly i see that it's really poor mould... Now i don't know if take it or not :(

poor me!

I have an Iberia A330 from 2013 and yes, doesn't have main landing gear doors, didn't notice until now. It does have a nose cone though (prioritizing over details that don't require flipping the model over to be seen maybe?) Also, to me, the overall artwork looks as good, if not slightly better, than a GJ A340 from 2017 with the same livery.

My first Phoenix model, and the only one for the longest time, is the Aeropostal 727-200, an amazing model by all accounts, taking into account that it was made in 2004:

6cc367_b85b4c8ff4e74529899ee7cacb7cb491~mv2.jpg

They did some very nice underbelly printing with their recent Atlas/Apex Logistics 748.

6cc367_dc042feb62884085903bb61005d60a26~mv2.jpg

The only issue that I have had with them recently, is with the United 772 N777UA battleship grey c/s. The cockpit windows are a tad low, still ahead of what the two other old-school brands have been consistently doing with their cockpit windows. The overall look of the model is neat though.

6cc367_ae92a37ead3f4256a4ce8ac6b3c02930~mv2.jpg

Going back to the main topic, no QC issues so far.

That Aeropostal is really nice - back from when they shared factories with Gemini. I was tempted by the UA 777 myself.

I own 164 Phoenix / Tucano Line models so it isn't like I don't buy them. I actually have quite a few of their A320s and even some A321s so it is very much up to the individual what they accept. I wouldn't recommend their A321 but at the same time it can still look ok, just can't hold a candle to anyone elses.

That Aeropostal is really nice - back from when they shared factories with Gemini. I was tempted by the UA 777 myself.

I own 164 Phoenix / Tucano Line models so it isn't like I don't buy them. I actually have quite a few of their A320s and even some A321s so it is very much up to the individual what they accept. I wouldn't recommend their A321 but at the same time it can still look ok, just can't hold a candle to anyone elses.

Oh, I'm with you, I only own 7 aircraft from the A320 family, so I'm not super familiar with the type, but I remember the discussion about the PH A321neo having the wrong wing, I wouldn't recommend that either.

I have lost the discussion for the wings, can you please link me the 3D, or just say to me what they have make wrong?

Because I'm still thinking if take the model or not xD

I have lost the discussion for the wings, can you please link me the 3D, or just say to me what they have make wrong?

Because I'm still thinking if take the model or not xD

Basically the A321 doesn't have the same wing as an A320. It has double-slotted flaps (at least all variants until the A321XLR anyway). This is the wing of an HYJL A321neo - notice all the flap track fairings at the back:

CD_A321NEO_08.JPG

This is the wing of a Phoenix A321. Note the missing flap track fairings as they have used the single slotted wing of an A320:

DSC05303.JPG

So a friend sent me photos of the Koryo 154.
My immediate reaction was 'after seeing NG's 154s, this now looks like a toy'
And he agreed as well.
They're not even comparable any more.
PH's 154s had their time. As have ACs
Unfortunately NG's going slow on the 154s
But akin to what I've stated earlier, I'd rather forgo 10 average models for one great model.