Phoenix Apr 2024 release: NEW IL96-400 MOULD

quanng

What a dope release from Phoenix! New IL96-400 mould! Some rereleases with different reg is also present. My wallet is crying.
IMG_1230.jpeg
IMG_1231.jpeg
IMG_1232.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg
IMG_1234.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1236.jpeg
IMG_1237.jpeg
IMG_1238.jpeg
IMG_1239.jpeg

Avianca will be coming my way! The original GJ release from ages ago still sits high on my fav. list. This new one on the PH mold is more than welcome! It took me a good while to find a decently priced LH A343 (DW) I will gladly add this one too.

So they are re-releasing a bunch of stuff here too, including an Edelweiss A343. A sure hot-seller re-release would be an Iberia A346 in the delivery colors, just saying...

Last edited:
O.M.F.G. and as usual PH is first off the block.
My wallet is uncomfortable lol.
Seychelles 763
Avianca 763
Defo the Air Bridge 96-400
Both the A340s
Tarom 154 (that NG's been sleeping on)

And I agree with that we desperately need delivery colours IB A346 & A343

Last edited:
I would wait for other IL96-400 schemes. However I need to get 3 models from this release: Turkmenistan B77W to go along with the incoming T5 B77L (I am eager to be onboard the airline this April if things go according to plan), Equatorial Guinea Govt B77L for the interesting livery design, the much less interesting JAL Cargo B767 to have more carriers in my collection. Hopefully we will be able to see the IL96-400 samples real soon, which originates from the already well-represented IL96-300.

Unfortunately there are not many other schemes that I would consider for the -400. Only Atlant-Soyus and the factory livery are somewhat interesting.

I have asked 2 models to PX but not done, I'm a bit sad because I was hoping so much... maybe these was already planned... I keep wait and hope :)

Nothing for me. Phew! My wallet is safe this time. :)
But I do like that Avianca 767, it's a beauty! Will also be a nice replacement to the old Gemini version.

O.M.F.G. and as usual PH is first off the block.
My wallet is uncomfortable lol.
Seychelles 763
Avianca 763
Defo the Air Bridge 96-400
Both the A340s
Tarom 154 (that NG's been sleeping on)

And I agree with that we desperately need delivery colours IB A346 & A343

The Aeroclassics Iberia A343 is still widely available though.

Nothing for me. Phew! My wallet is safe this time. :)
But I do like that Avianca 767, it's a beauty! Will also be a nice replacement to the old Gemini version.

Not a replacement for me, but an addition. The thing with having a somewhat narrow collecting criteria is that you really like the stuff you have, so you don't mind having a lot of it. In my case at least.

The Aeroclassics Iberia A343 is still widely available though.
It's available on AC direct and a couple on Jetcollector. Haven't seen this elsewhere

But we know about the quality of that one .......
Poor printing details - gear doors / engine cowlings
Incorrect gear lengths (fuselage is at level and not nose down)
no aerials etc
Fuselage /overpolished nose etc

I consciously didn't get it, just like I'm sure many wouldn't have . And I have the GJ one but those gears are embarrassing - a PH o/c version is desperately needed.
And of course, an o/c IB A346

Last edited: