Panda Models March 2023 Announcements! Tu-134s!

The Southwest is really nice. For those that have Heart One from GJ, I’d suggest getting this Heart Two to complement that. Can’t imagine there isn’t anyone who would want that in their collection!

Pretty good on those Tupolevs. I’m starting to develop a soft spot for them due to the interest expressed by a few collectors who I’m close friends with. I’m not sure which one I should start off with, but I’m going to start digging on those soon.

Pretty good on those Tupolevs. I’m starting to develop a soft spot for them due to the interest expressed by a few collectors who I’m close friends with. I’m not sure which one I should start off with, but I’m going to start digging on those soon.
Always been a huge fan of Soviet metal @JJ Skippy . .Developing robust aircraft to satisfy the kind of tough conditions they'd need to operate in. They were crude yes, but exceptional and often ingenious in their technical skill and advancements. Especially considering how isolated the country has always been. Tupolevs for me are special too - as a kid I first got obsessed by the 114s - simply incomprehensible! And then well, the rest followed. Panda has by now released (IIRC) 3 Aeroflot livery versions and the Aeroflot Moscow Olympics special scheme - I'd suggest that's a good place to begin with considering that the aircraft was essentially designed for Aeroflot, and adopted by former Eastern Bloc countries gradually

I caught the Eastern Bloc bug a couple of years back and have since collected various Tu-154’s and the previous 3 Tu-134’s Panda released, the 2 Soviet Aeroflot ones and an Interflug. Then the Gemini IL-62M, the recent Aeroflot and Interflug releases on that. I will definitely have to add the Malev -134. Well worth collecting these Cold War era classics for their historic value, and they add an extra depth and dimension to the collection. These Soviet types were the highlight of the LHR spotting scene for many years. They certainly stood out from the rest! I was too young to catch them but I managed to spot the IL-86 a few times in the mid-late ‘90s and heard them fly over my estate sometimes, they were LOUD. A good book I picked up at a model fair is ‘Jetliners of the Red Star’ by Charles Kennedy, it gives a fascinating insight into all the types with some rare photos.

I'm sure 'Heart two' will go down well with the masses, but as per usual, Panda also delivers something different. Those TU-134s look incredible, the colours remind me of old British steam locomotives. As an OO scale railroad modeller, I approve! Unfortunately, there's nothing left in the wallet this month, but if they are still in stock in a couple of weeks I will buy both TU-134As. The 'Eastern Bloc bug' has well and truly got to me now!

I'm sure 'Heart two' will go down well with the masses, but as per usual, Panda also delivers something different. Those TU-134s look incredible, the colours remind me of old British steam locomotives. As an OO scale railroad modeller, I approve! Unfortunately, there's nothing left in the wallet this month, but if they are still in stock in a couple of weeks I will buy both TU-134As. The 'Eastern Bloc bug' has well and truly got to me now!
Yes, I am interested in Heart Two, already have Heart One.