No Carnival: Pan Am II 1996-1998

YesterAirlines

It has not been uncommon for once great major US airline names to make a comeback but it has been very rare that they have done so successfully. Pan Am is no exception and the second iteration of the airline didn't last very long. Here I tell its story, with the help of a recent Panda Models release:

PA2_FLEET_02.JPG

Great story. Too bad Carnival also ceased to exist.
I have a Dragon A300 and it's a lovely model.

I do too, I got it as a donor (they used to pop up for nothing on eBay and the Waffle Sales) but I think I might just keep it and display it in the Carnival colors. It is a lovely 1990s livery! I saw one of their 727-200s one time in Maracaibo. Turns out Zuliana de Aviación had gotten into some issues with the FAA and had to contract Carnival to operate their flights to Miami. Bad situation for Zuliana, but it was very cool to see the exotic visitor at my hometown airport. I hope GJ releases a Carnival 727-200, I don't think it is too far-fetched of a wish.

Last edited:
I do too, I got it as a donor (they used to pop up for nothing on eBay and the Waffle Sales) but I think I might just keep it and displayed it in the Carnival colors. It is a lovely 1990s livery! I saw one of their 727-200s one time in Maracaibo. Turns out Zuliana de Aviación had gotten into some issues with the FAA and had to contract Carnival to operate their flights to Miami. Bad situation for Zuliana, but it was very cool to see the exotic visitor at my hometown airport. I hope GJ releases a Carnival 727-200, I don't think it is too far-fetched of a wish.

I got four of it:
Three were used as custom donors for Cruzeiro, VASP early 1980s (three stripes) and VASP late 1980s.
The fourth one is kept in Carnival colors because the model is just lovely and will fit my diorama!
I plan on buying a fifth one someday, to become a Varig model. I can find these for dirt cheap on Ebay!

I also would like to see the 727, would be a good release by Gemini and I guess I'd buy it too at some point. But Miami Air and ATA in the 1980/1990s colors would be my pritority :D

I got four of it:
Three were used as custom donors for Cruzeiro, VASP early 1980s (three stripes) and VASP late 1980s.
The fourth one is kept in Carnival colors because the model is just lovely and will fit my diorama!
I plan on buying a fifth one someday, to become a Varig model. I can find these for dirt cheap on Ebay!

I also would like to see the 727, would be a good release by Gemini and I guess I'd buy it too at some point. But Miami Air and ATA in the 1980/1990s colors would be my pritority :D

I think I have seen some of those customs you mention. I wanted to turn mine into a Viasa one (I have AC YV-161C) to have both of them for my diorama also (if I ever finish it of course).

I got four of it:

I also got two, one remains as is and the other is soon to be customized.

The I made a 1:200 Carnival 727 a few months ago. Along with a Kiwi 727.

Attachments

• IMG_20230716_155939.jpg
    IMG_20230716_155939.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230716_155926.jpg
    IMG_20230716_155926.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 9