NG Models Qantas 787-9 Trio - What are your Holy Grails?

OscarBravo992

Hi All! After 2 years of waiting, I finally received the model that completed my trio of NG Qantas 787s, all of which were released prior to when I started collecting 1:400 models. I am so happy to finally own these three models, and I can now replace and sell some of the outdated GJ versions. I am over the moon to finally own these and was very impressed with the condition they were in, considering two were second-hand.
IMG_3398[1].JPGIMG_3401[1].JPGIMG_3400[1].JPGIMG_3399[1].JPG

What is one of either your holy grails or a set of models in your collection that took a long time to complete? Thanks :)

Congrats! 👏
You've got an awesome set right there!
It'd be amazing if NG re-releases that Yam Dreaming 787-9 someday! I'd add it to my collection without a doubt.

Congrats! 👏
You've got an awesome set right there!
It'd be amazing if NG re-releases that Yam Dreaming 787-9 someday! I'd add it to my collection without a doubt.
Thanks! I would also love to see NG release it, this one does not have the most accurate colours, and it has the original too-long landing gear, it stands about 1.5mm above the others.

My holy grails right now would probably be the NG pencil lineup (yes it's surprisingly not a 767). The 757 is a nice aircraft to begin with and the mould is just impeccable. Might change in the future if NG ever decides to create a 767 mould but for now this is what I'm going with.

Attachments

• IMG_4977_2.jpg
    IMG_4977_2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5004_1.jpg
    IMG_5004_1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
My holy grails right now would probably be the NG pencil lineup (yes it's surprisingly not a 767). The 757 is a nice aircraft to begin with and the mould is just impeccable. Might change in the future if NG ever decides to create a 767 mould but for now this is what I'm going with.
Very nice! I love the 'Her art Here' liveries, probably in my top 10 of all-time favourite specials.

Excellent! Which is your favorite? I'm still on the hunt to complete my American MD-80 fleet, about got an all-white Reno Air last night (N880RA), but got to the checkout and it was gone.

Excellent! Which is your favorite? I'm still on the hunt to complete my American MD-80 fleet, about got an all-white Reno Air last night (N880RA), but got to the checkout and it was gone.
Mine is definitely VH-ZND (Yam Dreaming), it's a shame about your MD-80, it's always so frustrating when you just miss out on models.

Oh yes! No kidding, only good news is there’s no rush to acquire those beauties. Eager to see if we will ever get many re-releases of some of these.

My holy grail right now is my NG Transavia 737-800BW. I've always wanted a Transavia 738 and I'm thrilled that NG has made one with their excellent mould!

My holy grail right now is my NG Transavia 737-800BW. I've always wanted a Transavia 738 and I'm thrilled that NG has made one with their excellent mould!
Nice! I have always found the Transavia livery quite attractive, NG did a great job on it. :)

Nice! I have always found the Transavia livery quite attractive, NG did a great job on it. :)
While I love the NG Transavia, I can't agree with you here I'm afraid. NG really missed the mark on the colour of the pink which looks red on the models. A real shame for an otherwise fine set of three models...

While I love the NG Transavia, I can't agree with you here I'm afraid. NG really missed the mark on the colour of the pink which looks red on the models. A real shame for an otherwise fine set of three models...
That is not good... NG seems to mess up pink on a lot of different models. They need to fix it.