NG Models MAF Account?

thiscooldude

One of the earliest members of this forum was an account named NGModels, they registered in the very early days of this forum. but haven't logged on since October 16. Was it the real NG Models behind this account? Or was it another one of those members who joined from DA.C but then returned back to DA.C shortly after? lmk in the replies.

It was NG. When MAF was formed there was some discussion about whether manufacturers were allowed. In the end it was decided they were, however NG were always wary about a forum run by a retailer and as it turns out rightly so! After I got f*cked over I guess they decided not to bother with it.
I think it is the right thing to ban Manufacturers from the forum, we saw how that went on DA.C

I think it is the right thing to ban Manufacturers from the forum, we saw how that went on DA.C
They're not banned here - they just choose to not engage, is what I understand.
Forums are a great way for manufacturers to reach out to collectors imo. But then, the forum needs to be independent (commercially, most importantly) - and thus cannot be run either by a retailer or a manufacturer.
MAF was/is run by a retailer - so there's evident bias - and that leads to cloudy/questionable decision-making, as we've witnessed thus far - in the wrong that was meted out to Richard, and in the way in which AK was never swiftly condemned or reprimanded by the moderators on previous occasions.
Hopefully with new ownership that's going to be behind us, and hopefully we'll see a more pivotal role by @YesterAirlines as he's been one of those instrumental in setting this up too.
Cheers

They're not banned here - they just choose to not engage, is what I understand.
Forums are a great way for manufacturers to reach out to collectors imo. But then, the forum needs to be independent (commercially, most importantly) - and thus cannot be run either by a retailer or a manufacturer.
MAF was/is run by a retailer - so there's evident bias - and that leads to cloudy/questionable decision-making, as we've witnessed thus far - in the wrong that was meted out to Richard, and in the way in which AK was never swiftly condemned or reprimanded by the moderators on previous occasions.
Hopefully with new ownership that's going to be behind us, and hopefully we'll see a more pivotal role by @YesterAirlines as he's been one of those instrumental in setting this up too.
Cheers
I think NG's got enough on their plate already, active forum participation would needlessly inundate them. Besides, lots of folks on the forums are already giving them requests and feedback through email.

I think NG's got enough on their plate already, active forum participation would needlessly inundate them. Besides, lots of folks on the forums are already giving them requests and feedback through email.
That's fair. NG have clearly stepped back from direct engagement for a variety of reasons. Firstly, it worked when they were small but recently I feel they were getting inundated by requests, of varying common-sense, from people. I imagine they probably regret giving out their e-mail - ha ha. They still get huge amounts of FB and IS messaging. Secondly, they appear happy to work through trusted individuals for things (not just me, Keith in terms of release shots and others too). Thirdly, some bad actors have probably convinced them there are limits to engagement.