NG Models American 787-8

ghqv2988

NG posted updated photos of their November release American Airlines 787-8 to include a wifi dome, which was really nice of them to include. Several questions though.

What happens to customers who receive the one without the wifi dome? Were retailers sent the updated version if they had previously been sent the original? I know Waffle Collectables had received their batch prior to the update, so their customers would have all received the older version.

Last edited:
NG posted updated photos of their November release American Airlines 787-8 to include a wifi dome, which was really nice of them to include. Several questions though.

What happens however to customers who receive the one without the wifi dome? Were retailers sent the updated version if they had previously been sent the original? I know Waffle Collectables had received their batch prior to the update, so their customers would have all received the older version.
Perhaps NG recalled them? Maybe try emailing them to confirm?

I doubt most collectors would care, or even notice. They'll probably provide a replacement only for those who request it.

Hoping that option exists. For me personally, I would prefer the more up-to-date and realistic version if paying the same price.
Same here, it would be a no-brainer if it was a model I really cared about, like the CX Tristar or KE 748.

Same here, it would be a no-brainer if it was a model I really cared about, like the CX Tristar or KE 748.
Of course. When they messed up the titles on the Airbus House Qantas A35K, I just went for the AV400. Not sure what happened to that order, it still hasn't turned up.

Of course. When they messed up the titles on the Airbus House Qantas A35K, I just went for the AV400. Not sure what happened to that order, it still hasn't turned up.
This and the American 788, many early releases of new moulds seem to have issues. Nice that AV400 had what you wanted, their A350 is just as good.

This and the American 788, many early releases of new moulds seem to have issues. Nice that AV400 had what you wanted, their A350 is just as good.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. The Iran Air 747SP and the misaligned cockpit windows on the Virgin Australia 737-700s come to mind, glad they got fixed to some degree on later releases.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. The Iran Air 747SP and the misaligned cockpit windows on the Virgin Australia 737-700s come to mind, glad they got fixed to some degree on later releases.
I'm lowkey hoping NG's first 747s are the Qatar Amiri 748 and some obscure airline for the Classic, so that any issues can be ironed out before they start churning out CXs, SQs, Pan Ams etc...

I'm lowkey hoping NG's first 747s are the Qatar Amiri 748 and some obscure airline for the Classic, so that any issues can be ironed out before they start churning out CXs, SQs, Pan Ams etc...
Same here. I don't see how they could mess up a Qatar livery, although any mess-up on a classic would be sad. Perhaps something simple like an AF or JAL would be a safe way to go.