NG Models 777 mould shape issue

Here's a forward-facing shot of NG's United 77W compared to its real-life counterpart. The positions and proportions match up perfectly; Phantom and Jazajia have better-quality photos of the same model and demonstrate the same thing.

The cockpit has a bit of an inward slant, but that could be attributed to camera distortions. IMO NG nailed the overall proportions and "vibe" of the 777.
View attachment 32076
Front facing looks spot on. From other angles though the shape looks a little more off. The UA 777 CO Merger btw was one of their best renditions of the 773. With other versions (AA, KLM, etc.) The cockpit printing looked horrendous. Short, stubby and slanted.

The UA 777 CO Merger btw was one of their best renditions of the 773. With other versions (AA, KLM, etc.) The cockpit printing looked horrendous. Short, stubby and slanted.
Agreed; my initial statement was too general so that's on me. Learned that the hard way myself when I got N2352U, a September '22 release, with wonky cockpit printing.

Since then I've been avoiding all of NG's 777 releases before April 2023 (which includes AA and KLM ones) as they're all plagued by the same issue (and I suggest y'all do the same if you find other shortcomings with the mold tolerable).

Check out the difference between N776AN (released in March '23 with crooked cockpit windows)
1723405751937.png
...and N751AN (released in April '23 with better cockpit windows)
1723405762252.png

View attachment 32053View attachment 32054
Anyone else has noticed this angle at the front of the NG 777 mould ? Are they going to fix that.
View attachment 32065
The nose shape is wrong too and the fuselage is too sharp :(

This is how it should look like:
View attachment 32059
Why?
Why?

It is very difficult to find a picture that can be compared to the model. The shapes on the cockpit and nose in general are complex enough that photos have to have a very exact angle and use a lens that resemble the NG presentation. Know this, if you care about the model accuracy; the model does not have a link at all as you make it look there. I own 4, -200 and -300 and there’s nothing g wrong with it. Know this also, there’s no other maker that has a better mold. Certainly not JC/GJ’s

Moulds are frankly not the issue per se - the issue is artwork
NG's been having serious issues with cockpit artwork on I'd say, most of their moulds. Besides of course, cabin windows on many
I hope they sort this out soon

IMG_6973.jpeg
And you can see the shape above the cockpit is too sharp (no lighting or somthing). The cockpit window looks fine.

Hard to find a real picture from the exact same angle but you can see on this one the bump above the cockpit window (highlighted in red) which is missing on NG mould:IMG_6977.jpeg

Here is another one:IMG_6978.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6975.jpeg
    IMG_6975.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
View attachment 32143
And you can see the shape above the cockpit is too sharp (no lighting or somthing). The cockpit window looks fine.

Hard to find a real picture from the exact same angle but you can see on this one the bump above the cockpit window (highlighted in red) which is missing on NG mould:View attachment 32149
That bump is present, atleast on my BA 777 2023 release... It is a small feature so will not be prominent from certain angles

I am finding the scrutiny this mould is being put under to be well OTT, as it seems is often the case when talking about NG moulds while other moulds get a bye when they are inferior. The focus on one specific area while ignoring all the others is so similar to what the 767 is getting at the moment too.

Both the NG and JC wings 777-200s are excellent. I reviewed the 3 777-200s together in some detail not long ago and those two both did very well:

NG aren't likely to fix the 'issue' being talked about because they don't perceive it to be one, and neither do most collectors I might add. The red lines being drawn here are fictional.

And anybody suggesting the Phoenix mould is a better 777 overall than the other two is simply asking to not be taken seriously!

Are you paid by NG to write this?
Umm that's below the belt buddy, and this is now an old and laughable rhetoric.

Let me say this - I'll pick the NG version, if a choice exists. I avoided buying quite a few JC interactives for instance, because they didn't look right to me - and I recall mentioning this in an earlier review of a 777F interactive. Amongst all available 777 moulds, NG's is my go-to. Like when the Eevee jet was released by all players.

There.
Now, NG, Where's my Money?

Last edited:
Are you paid by NG to write this?
Yeah, obviously NG pay me to write favourable reviews. They pay me so much that their 777 got the same score as the JC Wings one in that detailed review. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;) [edit: that's sarcasm by the way I know Americans struggle with it]

The red lines you've scribbled on those images literally don't even follow the images on the photos, photos that aren't your own even.

There is criticism of a mould and then there's overblown expectations, which seems to emanate from mostly younger collectors who buy about 3 models a year and think that their precious pennies spent mean they deserve the model to literally be made out of gold and perfect in every single way - all for $40.

No mould is perfect but the hyper-nitpicking I see, and some of the stupid language used, especially in relation to NG (who some collectors seem to think owe them something), is often embarrassing. When even @Phantom doesn't think it is an issue then I am of the tendency to think that it really isn't!

View attachment 32143

Hard to find a real picture from the exact same angle but you can see on this one the bump above the cockpit window (highlighted in red) which is missing on NG mould:View attachment 32149

Here is another one:View attachment 32151

I just bought this KLM model from NG, and as a cross check compared the nose to the Aviation400 "old orange pride". I really can't see the issues you are describing. Compared to the Av400 the NG models cockpit printing is a bit smaller and a tad lower and that's it in my view.

But that is the good thing about multiple brands making the same model though, the choice to pick your favourite :)

I agree with you. I noticed the same thing on my NG UA 77W CO Merger. However we are not talking about the forward facing but about the above-profile like shown in the first picture with the new Korean 77W.
Since you have the NG 777, do you mind taking a photo of your example at that angle and pointing out what you think is wrong from your own photo and model? The photos aren't doing a good job of backing up your point.

I actually feel that the nose section is something that NG does really well - especially compared to the competition. Who have struggled with this area, not to mention QC and over polishing issues.

I love NG's noses, their 757, 737, 320, 330, 350, 787, and 777 all look great. Just wish they'd fix that APU on their 777.

Here's one of my examples...

Attachments

• IMG_20240812_191930.jpg
    IMG_20240812_191930.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240812_192045.jpg
    IMG_20240812_192045.jpg
    796.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240812_192149__01.jpg
    IMG_20240812_192149__01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
I actually feel that the nose section is something that NG does really well - especially compared to the competition. Who have struggled with this area, not to mention QC and over polishing issues.

I love NG's noses, their 757, 737, 320, 330, 350, 787, and 777 all look great. Just wish they'd fix that APU on their 777.

Here's one of my examples...
it looks great, but the cockpit windows look odd from certain angles like the front view you provided
i would say its more of a printing issue since the mould looks amazing

I really can’t see anything! 😂

View attachment 32168

I think drawing a line on the image can sort of trick our brain into thinking something is there when it actually isn’t.

Here’s the same picture again, but with a line:

View attachment 32169

I love the NG 777 and reckon it’s best in class, so please don’t shoot me! 😂
Angle the photo up some more. Note the cockpit differences between this photo angle and that provided by 777-300er.

IMG_3236.jpeg
I fail to see that bump from these angles. Are these also bad molds?

Attachments

• IMG_3231.jpeg
    IMG_3231.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 14