NG Models 777 mould shape issue

777-300ER

IMG_6913.jpegIMG_6914.jpeg
Anyone else has noticed this angle at the front of the NG 777 mould ? Are they going to fix that.
IMG_6919.jpeg
The nose shape is wrong too and the fuselage is too sharp :(

This is how it should look like:
IMG_6915.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6916.jpeg
    IMG_6916.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6917.jpeg
    IMG_6917.jpeg
    820.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
This is clearly an issue with NG's typical over-edited images - with high brightness and ambience
The fact that the cockpit printing pops out and seems to 'float in mid-air' is a vital clue that points to this.

View attachment 32053View attachment 32054
Anyone else has noticed this angle at the front of the NG 777 mould ? Are they going to fix that.
View attachment 32065

1723210356378.png I am just going to post a photo of the Gemini example (I know it's a different angle but... 🤷‍♂️). Clearly the NG has the best overall nose - the nose shape is correct on both but the NG wins on cockpit printing.

Hard to judge from this specific angle, to be honest... also keep in mind that some of the pictures you shown here have slightly different angles aswell. When comparing the Korean 777 model (NG) with the real Cathay 777 picture, in my opinion, the KE 777 shape is totally fine.

No you aren't the only one, NG's 777 is just too wrong, but somehow seems bearable (I do own more than 20)

This issue has also been extensively discussed within the Chinese collector community.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with the mould shape itself, I find that its more of the size of the cockpit windows when the print them on, they just appear to be a bit small from certain angles

The front doesn't have the roundness and fullness of the real life counterpart. It looks too squished. I agree. Imo the newer Phoenix 777s have the best shape
I agree with you. Phoenix 777 fuselage shape and cockpit windows are better than NG. But what do you mean by newer 777 shape? I have their new F-GSQA AF 777-300ER and it has the same mould as their 10 year old 777s. I think they just updated their cockpit windows.

Here's a forward-facing shot of NG's United 77W compared to its real-life counterpart. The positions and proportions match up perfectly; Phantom and Jazajia have better-quality photos of the same model and demonstrate the same thing.

The cockpit has a bit of an inward slant, but that could be attributed to camera distortions. IMO NG nailed the overall proportions and "vibe" of the 777.
77wfade.gif

View attachment 32053View attachment 32054
View attachment 32065

View attachment 32059
+1 here. I agree the nose is objectively off and has all sorts of weird curves and indentations where they don't exist, but they don't meet the threshold for most people to notice or care. Stopped buying their 777s ages ago. My only hope is that Panda comes out with a 777 with their excellent 767 section 41, as they nailed it.

Here's a forward-facing shot of NG's United 77W compared to its real-life counterpart. The positions and proportions match up perfectly; Phantom and Jazajia have better-quality photos of the same model and demonstrate the same thing.

The cockpit has a bit of an inward slant, but that could be attributed to camera distortions. IMO NG nailed the overall proportions and "vibe" of the 777.
View attachment 32076
I agree with you. I noticed the same thing on my NG UA 77W CO Merger. However we are not talking about the forward facing but about the above-profile like shown in the first picture with the new Korean 77W.

Yeah I agree , I have not bought any NG 777 due to the nose schape, the nose makes or breaks a model, sadly NG manufacters very good models but lately the seem to rush moulds out and all have troubles in the nose area (777,767,747)

Yeah I agree , I have not bought any NG 777 due to the nose schape, the nose makes or breaks a model, sadly NG manufacters very good models but lately the seem to rush moulds out and all have troubles in the nose area (777,767,747)
Their 747-8 is not that bad with the correct cockpit windows even if it can be better.