NG 747-8????

1/400collector

It has been almost 2 months since the 747-8 sample reveal, where is the 747-8?????
It isn't coming in May so is it june 2023 or july 2023?

I think June would be a decent bet since the May release set was small in order to eliminate the backlog of delayed models (honestly a great move on NG's part - don't wanna go down the JC Wings path). I anticipate we'll see a fairly large release set for June.

I also predict we'll either get the Atlas Air/Apex Logistics or Lufthansa (new or old livery) as the first 747-8 release.

I think June would be a decent bet since the May release set was small in order to eliminate the backlog of delayed models (honestly a great move on NG's part - don't wanna go down the JC Wings path). I anticipate we'll see a fairly large release set for June.

I also predict we'll either get the Atlas Air/Apex Logistics or Lufthansa (new or old livery) as the first 747-8 release.
Anything's better than the path that JC Wings is on...it's anyone's guess from the time when something's announced until they actually get released.

They've been updating the mould, which has presumably caused delays. I emailed them 3 days ago asking for pics, and they replied that there will be an update in the next few days. Will it happen? No clue, I've asked them for an update multiple times before this and nothing has materialized...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514_122415_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230514_122415_Gmail.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Will it happen? No clue, I've asked them for an update multiple times before this and nothing has materialized...
Let's all be patient and watchful! It's nice to wait for 'the' one - especially when one knows it's coming. Until then PH and JC etc are just side flings hehe. One brilliant (NG) CX model is worth way more than all the crappy AC ones (and I'm not speaking in monetary terms) - and I'd been telling peeps to wait but yeah they ended up buying the AC ones and now they're sulking! They had to get the NG ones too because, well! So let's just hold on to our horses! Restraint and patience is key.

Last edited:
Let's all be patient and watchful! It's nice to wait for 'the' one - especially when one knows it's coming. Until then PH and JC etc are just side flings hehe. One brilliant (NG) CX model is worth way more than all the crappy AC ones (and I'm not speaking in monetary terms) - and I'd been telling peeps to wait but yeah they ended up buying the AC ones and now they're sulking! They had to get the NG ones too because, well! So let's just hold on to our horses! Restraint and patience is key.
Yep, I'm just getting all anxious to see if NG nails the refinements. The 748 is the NG mould I've been waiting for since I started collecting, so I really hope they get it 100% right.

Let them take their time. You guys are questioning NG B747-8, but meanwhile, JC Wings have unveiled some A310 samples in 1:400 some 2 years ago or so and still nothing came out of it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Dear god i hope they won't take 2 years, i probably won't even be collecting in 2 years

I second this. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait!

I think patience is required. NG always said to me, and I repeated, that the first announcements would be June/July time.

I think expectations that NG will modify the 747-8 mould as some would like are probably unlikely too. I hope they do and i'm sure they will change some things but I'm highly dubious they will modify the core fuselage shape dramatically. I guess we'll see.

I think patience is required. NG always said to me, and I repeated, that the first announcements would be June/July time.

I think expectations that NG will modify the 747-8 mould as some would like are probably unlikely too. I hope they do and i'm sure they will change some things but I'm highly dubious they will modify the core fuselage shape dramatically. I guess we'll see.
Agreed that it's unlikely they modify the forehead, but it isn't really a necessity as long as the cockpit windows are fixed. I think it's reasonable to expect refinements to the printing, fan blades and underside flaps, since there are precedents of NG correcting those issues on other moulds.

5 days ago I was told an update's coming in a "few days," so I reckon we'll see something soon.

Agreed that it's unlikely they modify the forehead, but it isn't really a necessity as long as the cockpit windows are fixed. I think it's reasonable to expect refinements to the printing, fan blades and underside flaps, since there are precedents of NG correcting those issues on other moulds.

5 days ago I was told an update's coming in a "few days," so I reckon we'll see something soon.
I second this. Reshaping the nose for a slight error (honestly it doesn't bother me that much) would take much time and effort and I understand, but things like the wing control surfaces definitely should be fixed.

I've also E-mailed NG about the 747 classics and -8. Im yet to receive a response....