New JC wings 747 mould?

KL808

On Instagram JC wings showed a post of a 747 front in the United Saul Bass livery. The caption says:
“Not 747SP 1:400… Coming soon”

Wow, I hope this is an entirely new mould. Any thoughts?

Just went over to IG after seeing your post. JC winning the race to release new 747 classics moulds whilst NG takes their time? 😒. Or is it just Saul Bass releases on their existing moulds? Anyways, anything United Saul Bass and I'm in. One of the best liveries ever ever.

I think I remember Richard mentioning somewhere that they had a Saul Bass or Battleship Grey 747-400 in the works, so I expect that is what it is… If not though, I will take a 747-200 any day! As long as we get one in the classic Qantas cheat line scheme, I will be happy!

For anyone wondering, here is the post:

D2395077-E1F4-4583-A012-DFEE74E09647.jpeg

Unfortunately, there is just not enough information to make a conclusion from this image, so I guess we will have to wait and see!

I think I remember Richard mentioning somewhere that they had a Saul Bass or Battleship Grey 747-400 in the works, so I expect that is what it is… If not though, I will take a 747-200 any day! As long as we get one in the classic Qantas cheat line scheme, I will be happy!
You know that makes sense that this might be a 744. JC has the 744 and if you look at the database only 3 of these schemes have ever been produced. 2 by Gemini and 1 with dragon.

Yepp waiting for the QFs in cheatline too!

NG hinted towards a 747-8 recently with the final 747 delivery. Maybe JC doesn't use the Bigbird mould so often because they are working on their own mould.

Why are you guys mentioning a new JC Wings mould, or even evoking NG here?!
I see no hints of new mould in sight.
JC have a B747-100/200 ready to use, still based on the old mould which was used back in the early 2000s by Gemini.

Remember this Dragonair Cargo release?

I guess they'll just use it for a United Saul Bass release... or maybe even a B747-400 instead.