Mould Review: British Aerospace BAE-146 / Avro RJ

YesterAirlines

As @thiscooldude pointed out there are a couple of really old mould reviews dating from the very start of the site that haven't received updates in years. One of those was the BAE-146 and this morning I've spent time rectifying that. The 146 hasn't received much love since Jet-X made quite a lot between 2006 and 2012 but there was a single release just this year from JC Wings using the Jet-X mould. Anyway here's a proper look at the quiet four engined STOL jet:

BAE146_JX_04.JPG

Nice one Richard, now my demands have been (mostly) met. Anyway, the Douglas DC-3 / C-47 review is a bit old and oddly formatted, so you could remake that.

I would like to see you make an history of StarJets / Netmodels, as its hard to find info on them.

Excellent write-up Richard! The BAE (Technically the Avro RJ) has a special place in my heart, I flew on it many times during its later years with SAA.

I would like to see you make an history of StarJets / Netmodels, as its hard to find info on them.

As far as I know, StarJets was the 1:500 brand of Gemini Jets. Their moulds were basically scaled-down versions of the 1:400 models.
They had great models and moulds. Some are still better than most of the current Herpa offerings in 1:500 scale.
I believe they existed for a short period, some 5 years or so.

As far as I know, StarJets was the 1:500 brand of Gemini Jets. Their moulds were basically scaled-down versions of the 1:400 models.
They had great models and moulds which are still better than some of the current Herpa offerings in 1:500 scale.
I believe they existed for a short period, some 5 years or so.
Yep, I believe their is a Semi-Detailed post on Wings900 explaining the history of StarJets.

EDIT:This One

This wasn't too popular in latin america but a few airlines did use it. I ended up making a few customs of the only one I've flown on. SAM Colombia operated RJ100s for a couple years during the late 90s. This is made with the jet-x mould.

Attachments

• IMG_20230725_203809.jpg
    IMG_20230725_203809.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
This wasn't too popular in latin america but a few airlines did use it. I ended up making a few customs of the only one I've flown on. SAM Colombia operated RJ100s for a couple years during the late 90s. This is made with the jet-x mould.
That is delightful. I'd love a SAM for my collection

I got Manx and Loganair made for me by a friend

Ohhh what a beauty. I'd love to display this one at my airport, using it as a tech stop during ferry flight :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

They flew them to Maiquetía. I've thought about doing one myself.

1690385815623.png

More recently there was the infamous LaMIA case...

That is delightful. I'd love a SAM for my collection

I got Manx and Loganair made for me by a friend
Just a matter of getting a donor model. Infact this is the custom I've made the most.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1690394134372.jpg
    FB_IMG_1690394134372.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1690394609619.jpg
    FB_IMG_1690394609619.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
They flew them to Maiquetía. I've thought about doing one myself.

View attachment 20406

More recently there was the infamous LaMIA case...
Yeah, I flew them from SJO to ADZ in 96. The othe few customs I'd like to make are Carib Express and Lan Chile. And I soo want a Northwest Mesaba BAe. I've seen them around but they get pricey.

Attachments

• 0051633.jpg
    0051633.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 6455899.jpg
    6455899.jpg
    603.3 KB · Views: 5