Mould Review - Boeing 727-100

YesterAirlines

After the request from @thiscooldude I continue to refresh some of my mould reviews - this time with a look at the 727-100. Updates include new photos of the group shot, actual aircraft, Herpa mould, Aviation400 mould and an update to production totals.

The Boeing 727 is one of my all time favourite aircraft and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves for the dominance it achieved in the world fleet before the mid-80s. The series 100 has had 5 moulds in 400 scale although one has been used far more than the others and remains the only one in production in 2023. I own 91 series 100s of which 86 use the Aeroclassics mould.

The Herpa / Hogan mould intrigues me. I've never seen it in person. Does anyone here own one?

B721_NONUS_03.JPG

You seem to have overlooked the De Agostini (Jet Hut?) 727-100 mould and I still don't know where this originated?

You seem to have overlooked the De Agostini (Jet Hut?) 727-100 mould and I still don't know where this originated?

Good point. I haven't really seen it myself but I should probably have added it. I've not been sure whether to include the DeAgostini moulds since they aren't really up to standard quality.

Good point. I haven't really seen it myself but I should probably have added it. I've not been sure whether to include the DeAgostini moulds since they aren't really up to standard quality.

I got two DeAgostini 727-100s in JAL colors, and these are currently being used as donors for custom models. The quality is somewhat similar to early Gemini and Dragon Wings. Not the best standards but I got them for cheap, so I'm OK with them 😃