Model Stores in Japan

OscarBravo992

Hi All! I will be taking a short trip to Japan in the coming weeks and I was wondering if there are any great model shops that I should work into my itinerary? I am mostly going to be around Osaka so if any of you know any good shops there or anywhere else in Japan, please let me know!

Cheers!

There's a store called Crosswing.
Never been there... i've never been to Japan! However, i've seen other collectors pointing that store as being very nice.
It seems there are stores in Osaka, Tokyo and Okayama airport.

Sadly their website seems to be in Japanese only.

There's a store called Crosswing.
Never been there... i've never been to Japan! However, i've seen other collectors pointing that store as being very nice.
It seems there are stores in Osaka, Tokyo and Okayama airport.

Sadly their website seems to be in Japanese only.
Thanks for the recommendation, I used the handy Google translate on their website, it works a treat!
Hope you're excited! That crosswing store sounds nice!
I am very excited! Japan is an amazing place, I am really looking forward to it.

Sit down, fellow AVGeek. Let me tell you a story~

Jokes aside, I follow quite a bit of JP aviation enthusiasts. And I found some stores through them~

ANA FESTA

ANA has their own merch brand, "ANA FESTA," spread throughout several airports, including Tokyo Haneda and Narita. Their products range from models (obviously), plushies, keychains, to even their own catering they serve on flights (I think it depends on the airport). When it comes to models, they mostly sell 1/200 and 1/500 scale, but do have 1/400. There is a vlogger I follow that showcases one of the stores at Haneda Airport.​
Main website: Video: (There are no English subtitles in his videos, so you might have to guess)

Blue Sky Shop (JALux)

From what I gathered, Blue Sky is a separate brand, but sells products under the Japan Airlines name due to their partnership (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They have more stores at more airports compared to ANA, and they sell some higher quality items. Like before, the models sold there are mostly 1/200 and 1/500 scale, but have some 1/400.​
Main website: Video: (Location is at Haneda Airport)

TOP-GUN Shop

This is basically right up your alley. They sell all sorts of models of almost any airline at any scale. Including military aircraft and other accessories. Finding the location, however, was difficult. From what I gathered, they had 2 or 3 stores (all in Tokyo, I believe). However, one of them is closed down. So, your safe bet is to try this store out as shown in the video below.​
Main website: https://www.top-gun.jp/
Video: (Location is Aeon Kaihin Makuhari, Tokyo)

Have an amazing trip to Japan!

As it has been pointed out, Japan is a meca for physical model stores. I visited the ANA Festa stores in Haneda and Kansai in 2013 and the selection was overwhelming, even though it was only ANA.

Then Top Gun in Akihabara is even more overwhelming. It is in one of those multi story shopping centers, you have to climb several flights of stairs to get to it. Last I remember there was a notorious sign on one side of the building.

I have not been to Crosswing Tokyo, but I have been to their Osaka location. It was modest compared to the other model shops I have seen in Japan, but still a very strong inventory.

Enjoy your trip!

As it has been pointed out, Japan is a meca for physical model stores. I visited the ANA Festa stores in Haneda and Kansai in 2013 and the selection was overwhelming, even though it was only ANA.

Then Top Gun in Akihabara is even more overwhelming. It is in one of those multi story shopping centers, you have to climb several flights of stairs to get to it. Last I remember there was a notorious sign on one side of the building.

I have not been to Crosswing Tokyo, but I have been to their Osaka location. It was modest compared to the other model shops I have seen in Japan, but still a very strong inventory.

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you for the recommendations. Seems like Top Gun is the place to go then!