Model Review - United Airlines Boeing 767-424ER by Panda Models

YesterAirlines

The 767-400's new found popularity continues with the production debut of the 2nd of 3 new moulds in the past year. It has certainly taken a while since their announcement but in this case I think the wait has been worth it as from where I'm standing the new Panda Models 767-400 looks excellent and is miles ahead of the lacklustre Gemini mould from last year. Here's the review:

https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/...airlines-boeing-767-424er-n76055-panda-models

Incidentally Panda have been very secretive about this mould and didn't want to send me a sample before the releases, mostly because they were worried about NG Models it seems. I know they've had some disagreements with them around the Tu-204s and the moulds they've lost access too but am not privy to the details.

UA_B764_02.JPG

A great mould indeed! I may pick up the DL new scheme when it hits MHH. I notice the pre-orders on Bedfordshire are sold out, and deservedly so!

The non-blue 'United' really makes this 'classy' as you rightly state - the engines on the real thing should have been in black too Hehe! Reminiscent of the gorgeous AC Star Alliance A330 - one of few Star Alliance schemes I find visually striking and cohesive, in addition to the one on a former SAS A340 and the current ANZ A321

Hopefully the landing gear can be sorted out for that distinctive nose down stance!
Looking forward to the Ron Allen on this or NG's - whichever hits the shelves earlier (whenever they do) - considering NG will make the mods you suggested

Curious too, about PM making great moulds of type variants but not completing the type families - perhaps they cannot afford the development costs, since they seem to be a boutique manufacturer? But then, how do they invest in moulds that could be considered 'niche' - unless they're being very, very strategic, or perhaps they're labour-of-love projects, or..... 🤔

Question: is the GJ fuselage too narrow?

Last edited:
The 767-400's new found popularity continues with the production debut of the 2nd of 3 new moulds in the past year. It has certainly taken a while since their announcement but in this case I think the wait has been worth it as from where I'm standing the new Panda Models 767-400 looks excellent and is miles ahead of the lacklustre Gemini mould from last year. Here's the review:

https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/...airlines-boeing-767-424er-n76055-panda-models

Incidentally Panda have been very secretive about this mould and didn't want to send me a sample before the releases, mostly because they were worried about NG Models it seems. I know they've had some disagreements with them around the Tu-204s and the moulds they've lost access too but am not privy to the details.

View attachment 28502
This mould looks amazing! I’m so excited for my Delta one! I’ve been wanting one to remind me of when I first saw them at SLC!! Does this mean NG has a separate one?

This mould looks amazing! I’m so excited for my Delta one! I’ve been wanting one to remind me of when I first saw them at SLC!! Does this mean NG has a separate one?
Yes NG and Panda are not related and I reviewed the NG sample of the 767-400 back in November - see here:

I've heard from Brazilian retailer Hilton Miniaturas (the same one who did the Transbrasil 734 and Gol 737 in cooperation with Panda) that a B767-200 could be likely. No other info other than that :(
OMG can't wait for those colourful Transbrasil 762s 😍😍😍. Amongst other Brazilian / South American fare! Gosh I'm now utterly piqued haha!