Model Review - Kras Air Tupolev Tu-154M by Phoenix Models

YesterAirlines

It is something of a coincidence that this review coincides with the latest Phoenix announcements, which also include a pair of excellent Tu-154s. Phoenix are certainly having a great year and are getting a lot more of my business than in the past 6 years, but it is nonetheless the truth that with Phoenix there are often compromises that need to be made. Usually these are mould related and that is the case in this example, however it doesn't mean I regret the purchase especially since NG do not use their own Tu-154 moulds as well as I'd like them to.

KRAS_AIR_Tu-154_09.JPG

Model looks lovely at first glance, but the flaws you've pointed are definitely relevant too.

It's good to see Phoenix releasing some interesting liveries for the Tu-154, while NG keeps being lazy. While NG keeps their focus in Rossiya, Phoenix already gave us Cubana, TAROM, Slovak Airlines, Balkan... very cool choices.

Model looks lovely at first glance, but the flaws you've pointed are definitely relevant too.

It's good to see Phoenix releasing some interesting liveries for the Tu-154, while NG keeps being lazy. While NG keeps their focus in Rossiya, Phoenix already gave us Cubana, TAROM, Slovak Airlines, Balkan... very cool choices.
Agreed. The mould won't stop me from getting the Mongolian and probably the Slovak too.

It’s hard not to buy this model along with the Balkan, Mongolian and Slovak.

Yes, the Phoenix TU-154 is not perfect but still very very nice. Would be easier if NG would use their model alot more than they are doing. As this is not the case the Phoenix is more than acceptable.