Model Review - Frontier Horizon 727-23 by Aeroclassics

YesterAirlines

2024 has been a little stop-start for Aeroclassics but the May releases saw them produce 14 models including a decent selection of the sort of 80s deregulation classics you're simply never going to see from anybody else such as this Frontier Horizon 727-23:

FRONTIERHORIZON_B721_01.JPG

It's great to see AC getting their 727 noses back in shape - and this is a great looking AC model - not something I'd expected them to get back to anytime soon - and happy for it - loving the photos from your new lightbox setup! Love the Saul Bass iteration on any aircraft - and even on this hybrid version - with that distinctive swoop missing - the bare metal makes up for that. Classic 1970s! I unfortunately don't have any FLs in my collection - beyond my core criteria - though I do want to build their Saul Bass collection purely for its design - still thinking whether I should acquire this 'mongrel' one lol.

It's great to see AC getting their 727 noses back in shape - and this is a great looking AC model - not something I'd expected them to get back to anytime soon - and happy for it - loving the photos from your new lightbox setup! Love the Saul Bass iteration on any aircraft - and even on this hybrid version - with that distinctive swoop missing - the bare metal makes up for that. Classic 1970s! I unfortunately don't have any FLs in my collection - beyond my core criteria - though I do want to build their Saul Bass collection purely for its design - still thinking whether I should acquire this 'mongrel' one lol.
I still think GJ needs to do a Saul Bass 737, because the SMA and AC releases clearly have not been sufficient to meet the pent-up demand in the marketplace, if the prices are any indication.

I still think GJ needs to do a Saul Bass 737, because the SMA and AC releases clearly have not been sufficient to meet the pent-up demand in the marketplace, if the prices are any indication.
But with GJs dubious QC and their recent terrible 722s - I'd rather AC re-releases with new regs

Good to see this 727 having no major mould or paint issues, I hope AC will be more consistent again, because they release many great liveries and aircraft that nobody else does.