Model Review: All Nippon Airways | Boeing 747SR-81 | JA8152 | BigBird Mk3

YesterAirlines

There have been quite a few 747 classic releases recently with more on the way it seems soon. I wonder why that could be ;) . Anyway, it isn't a bad thing necessarily when they at least try to use a decent mould. The 3 recent BigBirds were expensive, due to the Ciero stickers, but turned out well, albeit with a rather 2005 vibe plus aerials.

NH_B74SR_BB_01.JPG

Lovely model, and good to see this mould still in use.
I really would like to see BigBird (or whoever is behind the wheel) releasing a Varig B747-300, and also some US cargo classics: Atlas Air, Evergreen, Southern Air, Polar Air Cargo... the list of Classic 747s is quite big!

I was a bit disappointed with this BB400 set, i pretty sure that one of the next few BB400 747s will be a Virigin Atlantic 742.

I'd like to try out the BB400, maybe the ANZ.

But I've come to doubt the idea that more frequent use of the BB400 implies anything about you-know-who's Classics. Even their -8 has fallen off the face of the Earth 🤣. It's going to be a long, long time until a good 747 Classic (or -8) mould sees regular use.

Still no blue top KLM 747-200 or 747-300... Sigh... Would be an instant sellout. Does JC decide what to make for these BB mk3 releases?

JC can make the older KLM schemes, as they have done with the recent 737s and 767s.

The mention of AC getting hold of more 747 blanks from JC again this year is interesting, I don't remember seeing this being discussed anywhere? Maybe we'll see TAP & Swissair 80s c/s finally made on the BB 741/2 castings in this next lot.

The mention of AC getting hold of more 747 blanks from JC again this year is interesting, I don't remember seeing this being discussed anywhere? Maybe we'll see TAP & Swissair 80s c/s finally made on the BB 741/2 castings in this next lot.
Let's just hope that those 747s won't have any QC problems like almost any other recent AC lol

I know, but it doesn't do me any good if they've made a model that I can't find. Oh well, a man can dream can't he?
Yeah. That's the problem with those older BB400/AC 747s, I don't think he will make that model because unfortunately he has a rule that he doesn't re-release a model ever

Let's just hope that those 747s won't have any QC problems like almost any other recent AC lol
Hopefully they’ll be nice solid releases (if they happen)
They already made that
Wouldn’t hurt to have another, with a different registration even, as the originals are near impossible to find at an affordable price. I already have the original pair from 2006 but I’ll fly the flag for others that still need a PIA 747.

I’ve seen your many requests for 747s in the various forums, which also include subjects already made!

Yeah. That's the problem with those older BB400/AC 747s, I don't think he will make that model because unfortunately he has a rule that he doesn't re-release a model ever
This is not true. There has been many different registrations of the same subjects made across a variety of AC toolings - I know because I’ve collected many of them myself over the years!

Even recently we’ve had some classic DC-10’s reissued with different registrations - Swissair, United, PAL, Thai, etc. not to mention American Airlines, Air New Zealand, Air Afrique, Korean Air blue-top in the past.

In 2020 the 1st round of 747 blanks AC acquired from JC saw classic Air France made again, along with Swissair delivery and Varig! Different registrations, but the same schemes 😉

This is not true. There has been many different registrations of the same subjects made across a variety of AC toolings - I know because I’ve collected many of them myself over the years!

Even recently we’ve had some classic DC-10’s reissued with different registrations - Swissair, United, PAL, Thai, etc. not to mention American Airlines, Air New Zealand, Air Afrique, Korean Air blue-top in the past.

In 2020 the 1st round of 747 blanks AC acquired from JC saw classic Air France made again, along with Swissair delivery and Varig! Different registrations, but the same schemes 😉
oh i completely forgot about the fisr batch of AC blank 747s that were mostly re-releases.
Hopefully they’ll be nice solid releases (if they happen)

Wouldn’t hurt to have another, with a different registration even, as the originals are near impossible to find at an affordable price. I already have the original pair from 2006 but I’ll fly the flag for others that still need a PIA 747.

I’ve seen your many requests for 747s in the various forums, which also include subjects already made!
I myself was able to catch a few rare and expensive 747s that many people want, i wouldn't mind seeing them re-released for the other collectors.
yeah as you can guess by signature i love classics 747s