Model Review - Air Canada 747-400M by SL (JC) Wings

YesterAirlines

Moving on. JC Wings 747-400 mould is seemingly getting better so it is a shame that so few of the model choices fit my criteria. Fortunately, along has come Sam Leung who has made this delightful Air Canada example, which I'm rather impressed by.

AC_B744_GAGM_01.JPG

It looks really nice! A wonderful model!
That's exactly what I expect to see from JC Wings, not just Thai current colors, EVA Air or other BCFs...
I agree about the font for the titles, I think they look very slightly compressed on the model, despite using the correct Helvetica (?) font.

I'd love to see a Varig B747-400 with this same mould and level of detail 🥰
Actually a 747-300 would please me even more!

By the way, these PW engines also look wonderful. I believe the whole PW4000 engine shape (nacelle, exhaust cone) of the B747-400 is the very same of the B767-300 aswell, right? NG version for their 767 should look like this.

Last edited:
Just picked it up today. One of my favourite releases this year. I agree with you on JC utilizing this mould better. Hopefully we get to see it used well in the near future. I may have to pick up the upcoming United Airlines release in the Saul Bass release. Or even better, I hope JC can be convicted to release NorthWest Airlines reg. N661US in the Bowling Shoe livery.

Moving on. JC Wings 747-400 mould is seemingly getting better so it is a shame that so few of the model choices fit my criteria. Fortunately, along has come Sam Leung who has made this delightful Air Canada example, which I'm rather impressed by.

View attachment 30957
Thanks for your review. I love the aircraft and the model. is the best one out there at the moment, however I have found that the shaping of the cockpit region is not exactly correct. The incorrect shaping of the area has resulted in the printing of the cockpit window looking askew and not even. The NG 748 example seems to have replicated the shape the best, and as a result the printing is level. Besides the nose gear, which you say has been extended, has there been any changes to this area? Difficult to determine from the photos. Cheers mate... S

To be honest I haven't seen any issues that suggest that is a mould issue and to me the cockpit looks fine here positionally even if it is a little large and not straight across the top:

AC_B744_GAGM_13.JPG

Cockpit windows look nice in my opinion. I don't see any relevant issues.
NG on the other hand printed the front windows too large on their first B747-8 releases... fortunately it seems they corrected it later on.

To be honest I haven't seen any issues that suggest that is a mould issue and to me the cockpit looks fine here positionally even if it is a little large and not straight across the top:

View attachment 31018

The wrinkle on the top of the windshield is likely due to it being printed a tad too low. That's what makes models look angry, and it is a prominent issue on just about all 747 scale models that exist. The proper placement of 747 windows is not right at the kink between the forehead and the start of that gigantic nose section, but slightly above it. DW was by far the most consistent brand in getting the 747 cockpit windows spot on.

Since it is an exclusive I doubt it
Okay
I'm hoping, at some point in the future, JC will make this scheme on a regular FD release -I don't mind a rego change if that's 'the' USP of this exclusive
The 744 FDs just look majestic on the display stand, with the fantastic job JC has done on those massive Fowler flaps . Something we don't get on the modern twins

Last edited: