Major Misprints

ghqv2988

20230713_231734.jpg

Received this Dragon Wings "Americ" DC 10 from a Wafflecollectables collection sale at full price.

The horror when I unboxed it.

How should I proceed? I emailed them to request a prepaid return, but knowing their policies, they'll likely have me pay for return shipping and deduct the price of original shipping in the refund. A little extreme for a defect of this nature, which should have been advertised or categorized in the scratch and dent section.

What would you guys do?

Explain to Waffle that an error like that clearly is not because of shipping mishandling. There is a chance he might agree and pay the return label himself.

If he does not agree, which is a very real possibility, I’d personally will still be inclined to take the full refund from the model and run.

The decal fix can easily become more complicated and expensive than what it seems.

I have bought many models from him over the years, but unfortunately he has publicly mentioned many times that he doesn’t have time to inspect models, and it does show…

View attachment 19835

Received this Dragon Wings "Americ" DC 10 from a Wafflecollectables collection sale at full price.

How should I proceed? I emailed them to request a prepaid return, but knowing their policies, they'll likely have me pay for return shipping and deduct the price of original shipping in the refund. A little extreme for a defect of this nature, which should have been advertised or categorized in the scratch and dent section.

What would you guys do?
I don't know how it is in other parts of the world, but here, if you receive a product that's not as described (fault), additional costs are on the seller of course.

View attachment 19835

What would you guys do?
God, that’s awful. I’d ask for compensation from Waffle and hope he cooperates, and it might be worth trying to fix it with some decals.

If waffle refuses to co-operate, (which wouldn't be suprising) you can try getting the model again on eBay. Their is only one listing on sale rn, but give it enough time their will be a cheaper one.

No response, not even to a reasonable request for a partial refund. I should not be subjected to a draconian return policy due to gross negligence in advertising. I'll open a case with my credit card if it comes down to it.

@ghqv2988 I had some experience with Waffle recently on a damaged model - took few days to respond but was all properly resolved - so I would recommend give it a bit more time.

I feel Waffle got much better - over the recent years - even has a customer service person. Just don’t expect big box retailer kind of response speed.

@ghqv2988 I had some experience with Waffle recently on a damaged model - took few days to respond but was all properly resolved - so I would recommend give it a bit more time.

I feel Waffle got much better - over the recent years - even has a customer service person. Just don’t expect big box retailer kind of response speed.
Thank you for that reassurance!