Major Drawbacks Out of YYC With Air Canada

FunnyDrivr

Jazz Aviation has decided to close 6 out of 12 destinations out of YYC Closing The following routes As of January 15th, 2023; YKA, YCD, YQR, YXE, SFO, and YYJ Mainline Air Canada is also closing the PHX Route on the same date. YVR for sure is being scaled back with reduced flights and certain flights having the 737MAXs replaced with CRJ900s. I'm sure YVR isn't the only route being Affected. The funny thing I noticed is On January 16th Edmonton Will still be getting our San Fransico flights and Yellowknife will be starting in May. Air Canada Also added widebodies to Edmonton's Schedule Starting February 25th for a 1-month trial period it looks like. AC172 and AC173 will be on A330-300s a flight i will definitely be flying on. in sad news for YEG As our YYZ route is booming Vancouver Isn't so lucky We are down to 6 daily flights 2 of which are CRJ900s. Anyway, it will be interesting to see air Canada's development In Alberta. As much as I love Westjet I think That Air Canada Might be trying to get Westjet out of The Edmonton Market Before their west coast focus goes full force. An Air Canada YEG Hub would be something that's for sure. Also, I would like to note that YEG-DEN will be 2 daily Starting This summer On United again increasing star alliances presence at our humble airport.

Below I Attached The References

Attachments

• Screenshot (483).png
    Screenshot (483).png
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (485).png
    Screenshot (485).png
    35.1 KB · Views: 8
Jazz Aviation has decided to close 6 out of 12 destinations out of YYC Closing The following routes As of January 15th, 2023; YKA, YCD, YQR, YXE, SFO, and YYJ Mainline Air Canada is also closing the PHX Route on the same date. YVR for sure is being scaled back with reduced flights and certain flights having the 737MAXs replaced with CRJ900s. I'm sure YVR isn't the only route being Affected. The funny thing I noticed is On January 16th Edmonton Will still be getting our San Fransico flights and Yellowknife will be starting in May. Air Canada Also added widebodies to Edmonton's Schedule Starting February 25th for a 1-month trial period it looks like. AC172 and AC173 will be on A330-300s a flight i will definitely be flying on. in sad news for YEG As our YYZ route is booming Vancouver Isn't so lucky We are down to 6 daily flights 2 of which are CRJ900s. Anyway, it will be interesting to see air Canada's development In Alberta. As much as I love Westjet I think That Air Canada Might be trying to get Westjet out of The Edmonton Market Before their west coast focus goes full force. An Air Canada YEG Hub would be something that's for sure. Also, I would like to note that YEG-DEN will be 2 daily Starting This summer On United again increasing star alliances presence at our humble airport.

Below I Attached The References
Hope yyc still gets all the ac aircraft types :(

I checked and from the looks of it we do still are going to get a330s and 777s from yyz so that’s good but sad to see so many jazz routes go

the fact that YEG is booming in terms of air Canada service is kinda funny (Except YEG-YOW) Our Montreal Service is Now 3 Daily Pearson is Getting Widebodies and no reduced Frequencies, SFO and YZF are Not Canceled, and looks like CUN is doing really well.