MAF Website Outage

Hello, I'm posting this thread because of what happened to MAF a few days ago. Recently, MAF had a website outage for 2 days and I was wondering what was the reason behind this. Here is a screenshot on what first popped up when I try entering the website on the first day. I had no clue what happened at first, so I ignored that. But on the next day, it was back online, but it ended up being offline for another day. I am not sure if another website outage is gonna happen, but hopefully it is stable now.

Take your guesses in the comments so I can reply.
Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 1.53.11 PM.png

Since Midwest Model Store (whose owner also has ownership of MAF) was acquired by Flying Magazine last weekend, I believe they acquired the forum as well. The transition of the domain over from Midwest to Flying Magazine took a few days.

Hello, I'm posting this thread because of what happened to MAF a few days ago. Recently, MAF had a website outage for 2 days and I was wondering what was the reason behind this. Here is a screenshot on what first popped up when I try entering the website on the first day. I had no clue what happened at first, so I ignored that. But on the next day, it was back online, but it ended up being offline for another day. I am not sure if another website outage is gonna happen, but hopefully it is stable now.

Take your guesses in the comments so I can reply.
View attachment 14911
I got this too and wondered if I got banned or something (I didn’t do anything wrong but I’m used to being excluded from things for no reason)

For a day or so, the website if you just entered “Modelairlinerforum.com” looked like the image already shown. However if you entered like i.e a thread during the outage. It would display the ui of maf, just without any functionality (including forum posts), instead just displaying the already seen “Unfortunately, this site is not available at the moment” or something like that, during the last day of the outage, the one that would initially display while entering a thread during the outage, was the one you would see while just entering ”Modelairlinerforum.com”

This was our fault (sort of)... Last week, my firm, FLYING acquired MAF and in the process of moving to a new owner, there was some registration issue at XenForo (the host) as they made the transfer. I am not 100% sure what happened, but regardless it is fixed and shouldn't be an issue going forward.

I apologize for the disruption and reiterate our commitment to supporting the MAF and diecast community.

This was our fault (sort of)... Last week, my firm, FLYING acquired MAF and in the process of moving to a new owner, there was some registration issue at XenForo (the host) as they made the transfer. I am not 100% sure what happened, but regardless it is fixed and shouldn't be an issue going forward.

I apologize for the disruption and reiterate our commitment to supporting the MAF and diecast community.
Glad to know the issue is resolved. Also, a warm welcome to the forum to you!

I’m glad to know that it is now fixed. Welcome to MAF, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

Great to know that it’s fixed. Welcome to the forum!

My bookmark taking me to the forums index page still results in the outage page, whereas if I enter a thread via a 'someone replied to this thread' email notification, I get in. Once in if I then try and further navigate to the home/index page, I'm out again ?

My bookmark taking me to the forums index page still results in the outage page, whereas if I enter a thread via a 'someone replied to this thread' email notification, I get in. Once in if I then try and further navigate to the home/index page, I'm out again ?
Try clearing your cache and see if that solves the problem...