Large collection parting direction.

Dear members, I have come to the point where I’ve realized I have to many models in my collection to benefit me and I would like to sell many of them as I have a like for like with many of my models in 1/200. Most of them are NG models Gemini Jets and most are US Domestic first releases and there are approximately 107 in total that I’m willing to part with. I would like to sell them as a collection and would like to sell them all at current retail price. “Many are worth way above sale price” So what I‘m seeking is any buyers or direction to someone who sells collections. “Other than Waffle Collectibles.” Approx retail 4,500 US price is firm including shipping and I’m in no rush to part with full collection. Please feel free to message me for open discussion. Thank you for your help. Located in San Diego CA.

I will not sell anything individual sorry

Attachments

• AB4598D8-EEB0-4BCA-B33B-28A00E977E74.jpeg
    AB4598D8-EEB0-4BCA-B33B-28A00E977E74.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 6A56870E-E1DD-4E24-9D86-AE4F978E2A4B.jpeg
    6A56870E-E1DD-4E24-9D86-AE4F978E2A4B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 5C2F5E9C-E4B8-41AE-BB5A-424A96672CF3.jpeg
    5C2F5E9C-E4B8-41AE-BB5A-424A96672CF3.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 54
  • 35B03F4D-EF02-4712-86EA-9734F1E69BBF.jpeg
    35B03F4D-EF02-4712-86EA-9734F1E69BBF.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 44189AE4-F404-4039-9D81-BDDF299EBACB.jpeg
    44189AE4-F404-4039-9D81-BDDF299EBACB.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • 3AAB44CF-6DA1-4C1C-BEBE-E2E4E014BE78.jpeg
    3AAB44CF-6DA1-4C1C-BEBE-E2E4E014BE78.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 53
  • FCE9D172-6D61-42EA-9CBB-EDCBC61264EB.jpeg
    FCE9D172-6D61-42EA-9CBB-EDCBC61264EB.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 51
  • 46B72F3B-EE71-4929-AE0F-555CFB8A1BC8.jpeg
    46B72F3B-EE71-4929-AE0F-555CFB8A1BC8.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 52
  • AE67C95B-C54B-455E-8F85-038F75BCBDB6.jpeg
    AE67C95B-C54B-455E-8F85-038F75BCBDB6.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 58
I get you are not looking to make money necessarily, but you certainly don't want to lose money either. Unfortunately, the odds are against you (sorry). Many of those models, or a slightly different variant of them, can still be found at retailers, or are very likely to get re-released in some shape or form. While there are some interesting ones there, no one will buy a $4500 collection just to get one model (I know you are not looking to that anyways...)

There are retailers other than Waffle that do collection sales, but Waffle is by far the most experienced, and I'd imagine most of them will offer about the same. Here are some:

www.texanairplanestore.com
www.squatchysdiecasthangar.com
www.pandafoxtoys.com

Again, I think you will very likely have to sell for less than what you paid for all of them individually. But you can see the loss as an investment in saving you the time that it will take for you to sell them individually. Plus, I presume you enjoyed the models while you had them, so in a way you got some value out of them.

Dear members, I have come to the point where I’ve realized I have to many models in my collection to benefit me and I would like to sell many of them as I have a like for like with many of my models in 1/200. Most of them are NG models Gemini Jets and most are US Domestic first releases and there are approximately 107 in total that I’m willing to part with. I would like to sell them as a collection and would like to sell them all at current retail price. “Many are worth way above sale price” So what I‘m seeking is any buyers or direction to someone who sells collections. “Other than Waffle Collectibles.” Approx retail 4,500 US price is firm including shipping and I’m in no rush to part with full collection. Please feel free to message me for open discussion. Thank you for your help. Located in San Diego CA.

Hello

West Coast Diecast here

Like what the above said

4.5k for 107 models is really steep

if you want maybe we can do a deal feel free to dm me

Dan

What's the condition? If all are in good condition without defects I may be interested

Hi, we buy collections but the problem is if us retailers buy retail price, we are losing money from the get go. We can’t buy what we’d sell them for and if they are recent and still in production we buy at wholesale to begin with. We run an actual retail, walk in store so we have to buy at a price that affords us to be able to turn them around and sell them at MSRP and still pay the bills. Typically on 400 scale models we pay between $25-$35 per model, depending on manufacture. That gives us leeway to actually make a few $’s.
If you want to maximize your $ I recommend eBay, where you have a larger global audience. The market is in a bit of a slump right now though. We would be interested but that is where we would be for a collection buy price. I wish you luck and you are more than welcome to message us offline.
Scott @ Squatchy’s

You could of course pack them all up in the car and head to an airliners convention, book a table and sell them over the course of the convention, typically a weekend. I've seen lots of guys part with their collection that way and go home with a big pile of cash.

From what I see you should get $2,000-2,500 as a whole.

You will do better on ebay.