Jetbridges

OscarBravo992

Hi All! I am building a 1:400 airport display and am looking for jetbridges. I have 3 options that I am seriously considering; Gemini Jets, JC Wings, or 3D printed jetbridges. Either way, it is a big purchase with the JC Wings being the most expensive and detailed and 3D printed jetbridges being the cheapest and most detail compromised. What would you recommend? Thanks :)

JC Wings air bridges are great, pricey, but currently the best out there. Not only are they the most realistic looking in the scale, you can modify and customize them to adapt to your airport design. Have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_20221018_170648__01.jpg
    IMG_20221018_170648__01.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20221018_165230__01.jpg
    IMG_20221018_165230__01.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 21
JC Wings air bridges are great, pricey, but currently the best out there. Not only are they the most realistic looking in the scale, you can modify and customize them to adapt to your airport design. Have fun!
Thanks! I have always liked the JC jetbridges, been put off by the price. Good to know they are worth it, might order from overseas as they are ridiculously priced in Australia. :)

I personally like gemini jets jet bridges they are good for me and do the job well (although 2 of mine came broken and i some what fixed them with glue)
I would buy my gse and jet bridges from a fair or get them used because they are cheaper lol but if you prefer jc then it comes down to how many you need and try to find a good deal. hope it helps

I personally like gemini jets jet bridges they are good for me and do the job well (although 2 of mine came broken and i some what fixed them with glue)
I would buy my gse and jet bridges from a fair or get them used because they are cheaper lol but if you prefer jc then it comes down to how many you need and try to find a good deal. hope it helps
Thanks for the advice. I only need 7 so they will not be ridiculously expensive. I have plans to 3D print GSE, it's a fair comprimise.

If you're only doing 7 it might be cool to do 2 JC Wings glass and 6 GJ normal. This would make the 2 glass stand out as maybe you could say the airline that parked there paid for those nice gates. Excited to see what you do here!

This style is going to be ideal for US model airports as we don't use much, if any, of the glass style JC gates like other countries do
Very true. I have made prototypes of the glass jetbridges, and they look good, but I haven't been able to spend the time to make them "production" ready.

Yeah the style of jetbridges come into question. If your airport has corrugated jetways, JC is out of the question- quality or not. We need more styles of jetbridge in these scales. I'll attach a couple examples..

Attachments

• jw1.jpg
    jw1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 18
  • jw2.jpg
    jw2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 7
  • jw3.jpg
    jw3.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 10
On an unrelated note I would like to see some early Jet Age-era jetbridges be made. They’re quite tiny and could be made out of an existing jetbridge though but would be interesting to see something like it.

Image from AirportHistory.org (great reads BTW)

Attachments

• CC1A0C5E-F690-4471-9B35-7E2A67647BDC.jpeg
    CC1A0C5E-F690-4471-9B35-7E2A67647BDC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Yeah the style of jetbridges come into question. If your airport has corrugated jetways, JC is out of the question- quality or not. We need more styles of jetbridge in these scales. I'll attach a couple examples..
This would be epic! I think JC Wings or more 3D printing is our answer!